986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/)
-   -   2000 Silver Boxster 5 Speed (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/1336-2000-silver-boxster-5-speed.html)

MPowerR6 08-18-2004 07:44 PM

2000 Silver Boxster 5 Speed

I am selling my 2000 Porsche Boxster Cabriolet.

Here is the link for more info :2000 Porsche Boxster Silver

I live in Boston, MA.

Thanks

mrmickeymouse 08-18-2004 08:23 PM

If it was not a "Cabriolet" you would have a one of kind - for now.

MPowerR6 08-24-2004 09:12 AM

Cabriolet

You are correct about that, however some people are not as knowledgable as you. Thanks for clarifying that for us.

Jeannot 08-24-2004 09:51 AM

still would be surprising to find somebody not that knowledgeable on this board :-)

Subanez 08-24-2004 12:18 PM

Wait...the top goes down?

Are you kidding me?

MPowerR6 08-24-2004 01:46 PM

Tough Crowd

Wow, I can't believe this board is that hostile. I copied and pasted my original post from other boards, that's why I have the Cabriolet in there. But judging from your response, I guess I have to be extra careful posting here.

porsche986 08-24-2004 01:53 PM

i dont think they were being nasty, just joking around :)

everyone on this forum has a boxster, have your tried ebay your boxster looks good and a good price also.... i am sure you can sell it...

good luck

Richard Truss 08-24-2004 01:56 PM

okay sub, that made me laugh :p

The board is not hostile. In fact, this is one of the best boards out there. Good helpful people here. Just experts, thats all. And I guess we figure whomever would read/post on the board would be knowledgable enough about the car to know they are ONLY cabs.

mrmickeymouse 08-24-2004 02:21 PM

I never knew this would turn into such a funny thread.

Your right this is the best board.

Stryke 08-24-2004 05:19 PM

A cabriolet must have four seats to be called that. A Boxster is a two seater convertible and therefore is a roadster. ;)

A 996 convertible has back seats and is called a Cab. :)

Richard Truss 08-24-2004 06:54 PM

actually to be technical, cabriolet is a small two-wheeled horse-drawn carriage with two seats and a folding hood.

of course thats according to dictionary.com :D

Jeannot 08-25-2004 10:27 AM

Main Entry: cab·ri·o·let
Pronunciation: "ka-brE-&-'lA
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from diminutive of cabriole caper, alteration of Middle French capriole
1 : a light 2-wheeled one-horse carriage with a folding leather hood, a large apron, and upward-curving shafts
2 : a convertible coupe

:D

Alienz 08-26-2004 12:29 AM

Please don't tell me I've been driving a wagon all that time!!! Lol. Nah this board is the opposite of hostile. We like to joke a bit sometimes, instead of being serious all the time which is not very good :)

Adam 08-26-2004 07:08 PM

I thought the same thing too stryke, but a cabbie is just a coup with a soft-top. The boxster is a roadster and a cabbie.

Ad Sach 08-26-2004 08:14 PM

It's hard to resist fighting - what with all those Boxer engines we drive :)

Ronzi 09-01-2004 08:02 AM

See, now I always thought a cabriolet (in the sporty car world)was an open car that had a padded convertible top, as opposed to a roadster which has an unpadded convertible top, the padding contributing mostly to the quietness and comfort of the cabin. More luxury features also usually went with the cab body style.
Ref. the Porsche 356 Speedster, unpadded top, vs the 356 Cabriolet with the padded top. Same thing with Jags, etc. Some of the models had unpadded tops (roadsters), and some had padded tops (cabriolets).
In the case of the Boxster, it has a unpadded top, thus making it more accurately a roadster, versus the 911 Cabriolet, which has a padded convertible top.

QporscheQ 09-01-2004 05:53 PM

According to some random TV show I was watching the other day, the Boxster is not even a roadster. They defined a roadster as having no windows and a simple collapsing top if any. I think the show was "Modern Marvels" on the History Channel and the topic was convertibles.

In defense of MPower I have seen the Boxster listed as a Cabbie a million times on the Internet.

I'm glad I opened this thread because I got a few good laughs out of the previous posts. I guess if you read this forum long enough you start to realize all the usual suspects are very knowledgeable good natured smart asses. (Including myself, well at least I'm a smart ass ;) )