986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/)
-   -   WTB: WHITE boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-cayman-cars-sale-wanted/12578-wtb-white-boxster.html)

Wind dance 08-09-2007 12:19 AM

WTB: WHITE boxster

Hello,
This is my first post since i've been on the market, i've been searching autotrader, cars.com, usedcars.com, etc.. without luck of one that i like.

I'm looking for a 2003+ White Porsche Boxster, mainly due to the improved interior and rear glass window feature.

Price range:
$25-30,000
MUST:
-White exterior w/ black interior
-Immaculate condition
-Below 35k mileage
-Regular or Prefer S

So if anyone has one that wants to sell or know someone that has one, please please lmk. Willing to travel anywhere in CA and as far as southern oregon to western nevada.

Email: dat1chinkegai@hotmail.com
aim: fungguh
phone: 559-367-4161

super66 08-09-2007 07:41 AM

if you find additional money in your budget....how about this one :D ha....I would love an S! good luck with your search tho...you are looking for the right color....

jwilson95 08-09-2007 08:22 AM

Hey Wind Dance-

I'll keep my eye out for ya. I'm always searching just for fun. I have always loved the Silver cars because of the Porsche Racing history with Silver, but White is my close second favorite. White paint ages well and always looks so crisp/fresh compared to other colors. I'm sure it is cooler for those hot western temps too.

I agree with Super 66. Just pony up and buy his 987. If you want upgraded interior there is no comparison between 986 and 987.

I think a 987S is in my future also.

Good luck,

:cheers:

David N. 08-15-2007 01:19 AM

I honestly have a hard time with solid white sports cars. White feels like primer, or at best the color of utility/government vehicles. I guess it is cooler and easier to keep clean. Then again, maybe the practicality of it factors into my feelings on the color.

Oh well, to each their own. Good luck with the search:)

-David

Pat 08-15-2007 04:42 AM

Disclaimer: This post is just my opinion and not intended to offend anyone. :cheers:

Does anyone else find this a bit odd? Color is an absolute requirement, but the person is willing to buy a base model or S? Just asking...

vipola 08-15-2007 05:18 AM

Nahh.. I was looking for a boxster that is NOT.. silver, blue or black, because they are all those color.. I found a nice Red one.. someone buy theses car for look and pleasure before performance.. I prefer to having the non-s one and keep money to maintain it, specially that a 23 year old guy in a red boxster don't need the S one to get pull over by cops :P and I got my speedbike for my 'speeding', but It's shure I would'nt turn away finding a boxsterS with my requirements :P

super66 08-15-2007 06:48 AM

Yeah, I don't think its too rare either....I bought new so I especially knew the implication of chosing an S over the base....so for me it was color, I'll take it one step further, I wanted White, but black interior, under no circumstance tan, so there are just so many factors out there when you are picking a car...

FUHRIUS 09-19-2007 09:27 AM

Here's a nice white one

I do like the white...particularly the 'softer' white vs. the bright white...just personal preference.

I don't know that I'll ever sell mine, though.

I am in CA (San Jose) if you're interested in a closer look.

FUHRIUS 09-19-2007 09:31 AM

new pic

whoops...that's an old shot. here's one with the new rims...Kinesis K58's.