Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #1

I need rear wheels!

Hey guys, turns out that of the 3 sets of wheels that came with my Spec Boxster, only 2 of the rears are straight. 2 are slightly bent and 2 are junk.

I plan to run a square set up so I am looking for 4 straight wheels so I have some spares.

I have looked online and prices are all over the place. Is there a preferred vendor for a reasonably priced wheel?

Anyone have any for sale?

Thanks for your help!

986buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #2

Which style of wheel? I've got some extras, but I would probably want to take them somewhere and get them spun up on a tire balancer to verify them before I sell them. If your timeline isn't urgent then some of these might be match.

OEM 17" rear Boxster wheels usually go for $125 - $150 each. David Porsche Parts often has some for $125, at least the last time I got a pair from him (Boxster S twist) they were $125.

I've got a few Carrera twist and a few Boxster S twist. I know one of my Boxster S twists has a small bend from the previous owner of the car who never missed a curb But I should have 3-4 of them that are good. I am converting my Boxster back to stock and so don't need all these track wheels any more.

I would probably sell some for $150 + PP fees shipped in the US. But it might be a while before I can get to them, get the old tires dismounted, get them spun up and tested, etc...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:11 AM   #3

as another data point, I bought two Boxster S twist 17x8.5 wheels off ebay separately, for about $200 shipped each. One was chromed.
I had all four wheels then stripped and powder coated silver

jmitro is offline   Reply With Quote