986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster Racing Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/)
-   -   996 GT3 Swaybars (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/73948-996-gt3-swaybars.html)

Swiftmotoring 11-29-2018 06:01 AM

996 GT3 Swaybars
 
Will 996 GT3 adjustable swaybars fit my 2000 Boxster without modification and is it a sensible upgrade? Thank you.

steved0x 11-29-2018 06:53 AM

Front will fit [edit: will fit but requires the shorter tarett drop links] but not the back... I think I saw that set, came with the drop links too? I think it is a good price and you could probably resell the rear to someone and pick up the Tarett GT rear bar to go with the front.

Topless 11-29-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftmotoring (Post 584192)
Will 996 GT3 adjustable swaybars fit my 2000 Boxster without modification and is it a sensible upgrade? Thank you.

Depends on your plans. Just bolting on different sways is pointless but if you are using them to fine tune car balance it makes sense. Running square you could just change the front, and use a GT3 bar to reset cornering balance. As others have said, the rear does not fit.

In TT competition, my brother just added a M030 rear to get the car to rotate more easily. A very low cost mod that worked great and he was fast.

JayG 11-29-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topless (Post 584214)
Depends on your plans. Just bolting on different sways is pointless but if you are using them to fine tune car balance it makes sense. Running square you could just change the front, and use a GT3 bar to reset cornering balance. As others have said, the rear does not fit.

In TT competition, my brother just added a M030 rear to get the car to rotate more easily. A very low cost mod that worked great and he was fast.

Both of you are fast :cheers:

Swiftmotoring 11-29-2018 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for the quick responses. My goal/plan is to simply continue to develop my 2000 Boxster into a quick and enjoyable track car without regard or consideration for any rules. I have a 1986 944 racecar that is governed by a rule book, the Boxster is simply an enjoyable track day car. Any suggestions?
Here is a picture of the Boxster.

steved0x 11-29-2018 04:37 PM

You're fast enough already, i can barely keep up with you as it is... ;)

jaykay 12-18-2018 03:04 PM

All,

Is there any that have their GT3 front bar set up on anything other than full soft?

Is it felt that this is still too much bar for a staggered car.....225 tire?

Quadcammer 12-19-2018 08:15 AM

I run full soft and don't find it to be too much front bar, especially when paired with adjustable rear bar.

steved0x 12-19-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcammer (Post 585622)
I run full soft and don't find it to be too much front bar, especially when paired with adjustable rear bar.

What is your rear bar setting, with apologies if you have already said it (probably in response to my same suqgestion) on another thread.

Quadcammer 12-19-2018 03:02 PM

1 off full soft on the tarett bar

jaykay 12-19-2018 03:19 PM

Thanks man....what size tires / TW rating correspond to this particular setting?

Quadcammer 12-20-2018 03:06 AM

I run 235/255 nitto nt01 (100tw i think)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website