Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #1

Accusump: Moroso or Canton?

Installing a 2 qt accusump in the tunnel and I'm debating the pros and cons of using the Canton single port sandwich adapter or the Moroso one. The Moroso adapter is cheaper AND it ports the accusump AFTER the oil filter. In my opinion, that would be better for a more instantaneous response to a low oil pressure starvation issue, but the worry I have is debris from installation making its way into the engine.

The other issue I am weighing is the oil filter. Is the high flow billet mesh filter(either LN or Canton) necessary with an accusump? I would think that it would not be necessary with the accusump ported after the filter, but if I use the Canton adapter, the accusump dumps right into the filter, so you need high flow. Would installing an inline mesh strainer after the accusump be an issue? If it gets clogged, it could starve the engine of oil. I don't have an extended oil sump, and so would the LN adapter + Moroso (Canton) adapter + shorty oil filter extend past the bottom of the sump?

2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #2

On my last race car, I plumbed the accusump in after the filter, thus assuring "clean" oil in the canister for quick release when needed.

2001 986 S (parting)
2015 981 (sold)
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote