986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster Racing Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/)
-   -   stomski gt3 LCA monoballs durability? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/62524-stomski-gt3-lca-monoballs-durability.html)

Bebbetufs 07-26-2016 02:28 PM

stomski gt3 LCA monoballs durability?

I just had my first weekend on track and loved it. The car is a blast to drive. I would like to upgrade the front suspension with gt3 LCAs for even more feel. The Stomski monoballs are affordable, and most importantly they are not pink or red so they may pass as road legal.

How are the Stomski units when it comes to reliability? They don't claim to be weather sealed which worries me. The car is a dedicated track car, but needs to be streetable to go to the track. The monoballs will see bad weather and road grit.

johnsjmc 07-26-2016 04:56 PM

FVD has 2 piece copies of gt3 LCA,s for very reasonable price They definitely look road legal but only have inner rubber bushings not monoballs

rastta 07-27-2016 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebbetufs (Post 504577)
I just had my first weekend on track and loved it. The car is a blast to drive. I would like to upgrade the front suspension with gt3 LCAs for even more feel. The Stomski monoballs are affordable, and most importantly they are not pink or red so they may pass as road legal.

How are the Stomski units when it comes to reliability? They don't claim to be weather sealed which worries me. The car is a dedicated track car, but needs to be streetable to go to the track. The monoballs will see bad weather and road grit.

Don't know much about the Stromski's monoballs - but I've run full sphericals on the a previous car on the street year round and didn't have a big problem with durability.

Bebbetufs 07-27-2016 06:41 AM

Thanks Rassta. The reason I ask is because I had a set of Lindsey Racing CrhoMoly control arms on my 951. The monoballs lasted only a month before they begun rattling.

steved0x 07-27-2016 07:05 AM

I've got the Tarret front LCA monoballs on my car, have been running them since last November, driving to track, they have been fine. I'm not sure if they have weather seals though. I didn't install them but I can get down there and take a look.

rastta 07-27-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebbetufs (Post 504663)
Thanks Rassta. The reason I ask is because I had a set of Lindsey Racing CrhoMoly control arms on my 951. The monoballs lasted only a month before they begun rattling.

I just installed their outer tie rod ends which came with seals. I checked the monoballs on their site and it says:

Whether for a dedicated race car, or for a suspension upgrade on your street GT3, these inner Control Arm Monoballs are the ultimate upgrade or replacement. CNC machined from aircraft quality aluminum, the housing contains the BEST aerospace monoball available. Stainless steel bushings, and Jet nuts complete the package to make these assemblies your only choice for upgrading or replacement. Seals are included for the ultimate upgrade. OEM outer control arms also available. Sold individually.

So I would think you would be fine.

Bebbetufs 07-27-2016 08:30 AM

@Rassta Thank you. I need to learn to go to the source for my information. I was looking at a retailer's site for information.

@steved0x There is no need to go trough the trouble as I can't use the Tarrets. The red color make them stand out too much to pass as road legal.