986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster Racing Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/)
-   -   Roll cage/bars NJMP (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/48531-roll-cage-bars-njmp.html)

jsceash 09-23-2013 08:27 AM

Roll cage/bars NJMP

I got a notice back from Metro Ny in regaurd to roll bars at New Jersy Motor Park on Friday. It says they are cracking down in convertibles and rollbars. at a DE I am currently registered for. Is any one aware of there policy being different than the 2" rule. Which I qualify if I have the Brey Krause installed. I replied to the Metro NY email and they think I'm ok but, I'm out allot of money is he wrong.

spendy 09-24-2013 11:37 AM

I was at NJMP last week for a DE and they were requiring convertibles to run with the top down. They wanted the flaggers to be able to see that the helmet was below the roll bar while the car was on track. AFAIK, they were enforcing the 2" rule, but my car had a hardtop so I was not personally impacted. A friend of mine who is about 6' tall had no problem with his stock rollbar, so I assume they aren't getting too carried away.

jsceash 09-24-2013 03:10 PM

If the roof was down were they requiring hand restraints because I believe that is a PCA rule. Thank you for your input.

spendy 09-26-2013 08:29 AM

Arm restraints were not required at the event last week, perhaps because no one knew ahead of time top down would be required. This might vary with the region holding the event, so if I were you I would check into it.

jsceash 09-26-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spendy (Post 365080)
Arm restraints were not required at the event last week, perhaps because no one knew ahead of time top down would be required. This might vary with the region holding the event, so if I were you I would check into it.

Thank you again for your reply. I ordered the arm restraint just in case, if nothing else maybe I'll use them next summer on those 90+ days.

98670914 09-27-2013 05:25 AM

Top Down, arm restraint optional is a NJMP rule....not PCA .... most all arm restraints require a 5/6 pt harness. I prefer top up as the Boxster/Porsche tops are relatively strong....

jsceash 09-29-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98670914 (Post 365184)
Top Down, arm restraint optional is a NJMP rule....not PCA .... most all arm restraints require a 5/6 pt harness. I prefer top up as the Boxster/Porsche tops are relatively strong....

Got the 5 point covered and Recaro seats. Yesterday received the arm restraint and drove with them. So if the PCA rule apply I'm ready since it is a PCA event.

This may take some getting use to. It's like driving hand cuffed, not that I've ever been hand cuffed