986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster Racing Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/)
-   -   No "Race" or "Kills" section? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/34386-no-race-kills-section.html)

986_inquiry 03-15-2012 08:41 AM

No "Race" or "Kills" section?

I noticed the forum doesn't have a section to discuss our experiences with racing other types of vehicles. I could come up with lots of reasons why that section was left out, but is there an official reason? Because sometimes it's fun to talk about our racing experiences "I beat a XXXX and it has XXX more horsepower, wow!"

Frodo 03-15-2012 12:29 PM

It used to be specifically disallowed, at least to the extent that such activities took place on the streets and highways. Don't think they wanted to encourage risky behavior by people behind the wheel on the public roads.

Not sure if that's changed or not.

John99Boxster 03-15-2012 12:39 PM

Maybe because most of us are beyond the age of bragging and racing?

or.....

the Japanese Dr. who was fined for driving his Ferrari like a maniac and putting it on you tube?

gomarlins3 03-15-2012 12:51 PM

^I'm going with the first count.

When I read the title of this thread I just shook my head.

986_inquiry 03-15-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John99Boxster (Post 282778)
Maybe because most of us are beyond the age of bragging and racing?

or.....

the Japanese Dr. who was fined for driving his Ferrari like a maniac and putting it on you tube?

that's what I was thinking was the reason.

Thank you for confirming.

:cheers:

986_inquiry 03-15-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 282777)
It used to be specifically disallowed, at least to the extent that such activities took place on the streets and highways. Don't think they wanted to encourage risky behavior by people behind the wheel on the public roads.

Not sure if that's changed or not.

Agreed.

We drive sports cars, so we have to set an example by not driving like idiots on public roads

just wanted a confirmation, not trying to encourage "street racing". Suppose that's why there were no Porsches in any of the "fast n furious" movies :rolleyes:

:cheers:

vitaminC 03-15-2012 06:37 PM

Seriously?

Did you get your windshield repaired after you nearly scored a pedestrian "kill"? Just because the thread has been deleted doesn't mean everyone has forgotten...

Topless 03-16-2012 06:24 AM

Because street racing is for male adolescents whose nads haven't dropped yet. The rest of us take it to the track. :)

thstone 03-16-2012 08:54 PM

^ Bam! Nail on the head. That's what track days are for! :D

healthservices 03-17-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topless (Post 282898)
Because street racing is for male adolescents whose nads haven't dropped yet. The rest of us take it to the track. :)

http://forums.5series.net/public/sty...ault/twoup.gif

Ghostrider 310 03-18-2012 01:22 AM

Every yahoo in a Neon wants to run, I assume so they can have a future beer and tell their friends how they downed a Porsche, easily. Let em go, otherwise you become Josey Wales, every slow drawing jerkoff wants to try their hand, no thanks... In most cases you already know you could crush these people, after all we have driven our Porsche cars, we know what they can do even if others who have never had so much as a ride do not.

Superman didn't go around crushing everyone's hand in a handshake just to "let em know"..... Besides it's dangerous to "head down Mexico way" these days.

landrovered 03-18-2012 04:16 PM

On the street it is simply a test of who is more reckless and stupid than the other. A pinto driven by someone with no regard for themselves or others will beat a Porsche driven by a sane adult every single time!

DE's don't count either, if you want real results you have to race on the track where the rules are agreed upon and cars can really be driven in anger.

Ghostrider 310 03-19-2012 03:11 AM

All I can say is this, yesterday I drove the spyder for the first time, it's so much faster than the 986 it's astounding. I can't imagine wanting a faster car or ever considering a mod, must be I'm finally getting old because that car is all I will ever need in the performance department.

landrovered 03-19-2012 03:28 AM

Yeah that will last about three weeks. We always end up wanting more. It is our nature.

Ghostrider 310 03-19-2012 03:38 AM

I don't think that's true this time land, have you ever driven a Spyder? Usually I would agree 100% but rocketship doesn't begin to explain it. I drove a 911 carerra test drive, the Spyder makes it feel like a pig. I'm not lying when I say launch control might require a wee wee pad, since I never plan on using it I'll never know.

landrovered 03-19-2012 09:08 AM

Not being snooty but I am spoiled with my 3.6, the only car that feels faster to me is a TT. The TT is nauseatingly fast but I am pretty sure I could get used to it and eventually want even more. My 3.6 is simply a gateway drug.

Ghostrider 310 03-19-2012 09:45 AM

No snootiness back at you either but what is the 3.2 you have in that unit putting out? I've driven a lot of fast cars in my life, the spyder easily takes the number one chair, by a LOT.

landrovered 03-19-2012 01:38 PM

It is a 3.6L not a 3.2L and it is from a C4S which was rated at 360 hp, my engine has improvements beyond that so I am guessing 380 hp at the crank.

Ghostrider 310 03-19-2012 01:43 PM

Wow and you're telling me you still crave more juice? I pass the baton then sir, I think 320 is going to be more than enough for me. In sport plus it shift like a motorcycle, ludicrous speed is on tap, more than I'll ever use. Still, please don't ever take me for a ride because rule number two is you don't miss what you don't have.

986_c6 05-01-2012 10:14 PM

Hey guys, try 505 hp at the crank and about the same weight as the Boxster...read, LS7 and Z06.

Flying at the track and there are still guys craving more hp from this car.

A comment for our "racer" 986_inquiry. Even at the track, there are times other cars would pass me (because I have corded my tires, or I have no more brake pads left, or I felt like cruising around since I have been going crazy fast all day long), and it don't mean jack******************** because I wasn't racing with them. Lets just say I am at the advance/race group at the track and only a GT3 RS, or F430 would give me a good run for my money/challenge in my Z06...anything else that is not race prepared is toast!