986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster Racing Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/)
-   -   plastic rear window (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-racing-forum/27677-plastic-rear-window.html)

davegrey 01-30-2011 11:58 AM

plastic rear window

Have just fitted a replacement hood great hood but poor rear screen.What is the best product to use to remove light scratches & cloudyness from my rear window. All replys will be much appreciated as this car is pride & joy ?? I think my wife is starting to feel rather left out lol

mikefocke 01-30-2011 12:09 PM

I like a product called

Novus #1, 2 and 3. 2 for general cloud and scratch removal, 1 for cleaning/polishing.

rdancd816 01-30-2011 12:09 PM

I use a product called Novus plastic clean and shine. It come with three levels of scratch removal polishes. #3 for deep scratches, #2 for minor scratches, and #1 to finish polish. I have an original 1997 top and rear window and it looks near new. It's worked good for me. Available on the Web and most auto stores have it too.

Dale_K 01-30-2011 01:26 PM

The Novus is good and you can get it pretty cheap from Amazon. I've found another product that you can probably find locally at a parts store or Walmart. Meguiar's PlasticX does a really good job of cleaning and light polishing. It doesn't get the bad haze and deeper scratches but it removes the yellowness and makes the window pretty clear.

clickman 02-02-2011 11:17 AM

The Porsche Poly-Glass Window Cleaner has worked well for me.
:cheers:

jmatta 02-25-2011 09:43 AM

A couple years back, I attended a Chicago Region PCA Concours school put on by several of our region's national concours champions (and judges). Pat, our top guru, showed how to polish a Boxster plastic window using a mixture of 3M Hand Glaze with a dab of Blue Magic polish mixed in...the results were amazing. I use this mixture, not only on my rear window (which looks new for nine years old), but also on all types of plastics around the house.

It really works!

RandallNeighbour 02-25-2011 09:47 AM

Dave, give your wife a Porsche key and she'll feel much better about you owning your car.

Now whether or not that key is programmed to actually turn the motor over is your decision. If you don't think she'll ever use it, give her a key you bought off eBay :)

promark420 05-06-2011 05:14 PM

Novus!

Novus is amazing. I don't think the rear window had been cleaned in 11 years, but Novus took care of it. Now I can actually cars behind me!

JDBOXSTER 05-07-2011 06:15 AM

Rear Window

Plexus is the product that I recommend. Boaters have been using it for years.
Comes in a spray can from West Marine.

JDBOXSTER