Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #1

reart boot lid

hi does anyone have any ideas on how to open my rear boot lid it stopped working at the weekend> there is a noise coming from the boot when i press the key fob and the release button inside the drivers door but no joy with the lid opening. my car is a boxster s 2004 with 34000mls

nickwright24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #2

Thumbs up

The 2002tii is considered by many to be the most desirable '02 produced by BMW and imported to the United States. Compared to a standard 2002, a tii offers greater performance and overall value. Thus, a 2002tii is usually worth more, and therefore, more highly touted.Since the last U.S. tii's were made in 1974, finding one in good shape without owner modifications has grown increasingly difficult. This is especially true considering the tii's mechanical uniqueness and the cost of replacement parts. Furthermore, since the 2002 is a "tinkerer's car," many owners have upgraded their regular 2002s with tii hardware to increase performance.
http://www.miamifinest.com/

Last edited by Elissa12; 11-03-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Elissa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwright24
hi does anyone have any ideas on how to open my rear boot lid it stopped working at the weekend> there is a noise coming from the boot when i press the key fob and the release button inside the drivers door but no joy with the lid opening. my car is a boxster s 2004 with 34000mls

is the trunk full of stuff? if so maybe you should gently push down then hit the trunk button and then lift off.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa12
The 2002tii is considered by many to be the most desirable '02 produced by BMW and imported to the United States. Compared to a standard 2002, a tii offers greater performance and overall value. Thus, a 2002tii is usually worth more, and therefore, more highly touted.Since the last U.S. tii's were made in 1974, finding one in good shape without owner modifications has grown increasingly difficult. This is especially true considering the tii's mechanical uniqueness and the cost of replacement parts. Furthermore, since the 2002 is a "tinkerer's car," many owners have upgraded their regular 2002s with tii hardware to increase performance.
http://www.miamifinest.com/
And how is that relevant to the boot?

Anyway I have a 2000 model. The cable snapped when using the FOB, but this model has 2 cables so the manual lever in the door sill still worked thankfully.

I ended up repairing the remote cable myself with a simple wire clamp.

BMW - Bald Mens Wheels

00boxster is offline   Reply With Quote