Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #1

Weird noise in front end during first ax with Boxster

I autocrossed the Boxster for the first time a few weeks ago. It's a 2000 2.7 with no options. On hard cornering I would hear what sounds like a tire rub in both directions, but I can't find the rub and the tires showed no sign of roll over at all at 40 psi on stock size RE750's. Anyone have any ideas. No noises during normal driving, though the front suspension seems a little sloppy. It has happened a few times during spirited driving too. Any ideas.

silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #2

Hard to say without hearing it but one of the things i would check is wheel bearings
blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
bmussatti

Silver Arrow, I don't know what it is called, but look at the black piece of plastic that is right under the front bumper. It hangs down about 2 inches and spans the width of the bumper. This may be touchingon hard turns.

Mine did slightly on the Dragon!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Yeah like Blue said, its tough to tell without hearing for ourselves... but you might want to check your plastic wheel well covers and makesure they are secured and clipped into place...

What size wheels and tires are you using?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #5

Funny you should mention this weird sound, because I just fixed what seems to be that same sound this afternoon.

It was the plastic skid plate that runs under the front bumper and up under the wheel well. Two new screws and a zip tie later and the weird noise was gone.

concept84 is offline   Reply With Quote