Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #1
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Black seats in Oklahoma

I don't want to ship them.
I do not want to ship them.
If you ask me to ship them, I will add a ridiculous surcharge, and still probably say No.

Hi, I have a couple extra black seats from a 1999 located in northeastern Oklahoma (east of Tulsa). They are in very good condition, no cracks or cuts. There was a little bit of color fade on the driver's side bolster. I fixed it with leather dye, then treated both seats with a few good coats of 'Mink Oil' paste before wrapping them up and putting them in storage.
Asking $200 each, local pick-up.
I'm not really expecting a stampede of buyers, so I'm keeping them wrapped and in storage until I have a serious local inquiry.
Here's the picture. Imagine beautiful, smooth, almost new seats beneath that brown paper:

(If something has gone horribly wrong while they were in storage, I'll sell you the similar seats out of my 2000 instead.)

For those of you who are disappointed about my no-ship policy, there is still a glimmer of hope. I have a seat back on the frame (passenger side) that I am willing to ship or part out. Asking $100 + shipping for the whole thing, or just the leather and padding after I figure out how to remove it. Here's a picture, and you can see the sexy leather peeking out from under the wrapping: