986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   "PORSCHE" Decal On Windstop (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/9588-porsche-decal-windstop.html)

tomk17 02-18-2007 07:51 AM

"PORSCHE" Decal On Windstop

What are you collective thoughts on those PORSCHE decals that be purchased (on eBay etc.) and installed on the windstop? I'm thinking of getting one - just wondering if anyone has had a bad experience with them (fading, can't ever get it off, block the already difficult view backing up, etc).

They are about 8 inches long and the lettering is about 1 inch high. Nothing too goofy. You can get colors but I would just get white or silver, similar to the small lettering on the glass back window.

Trivial post I know, but I'm in withdrawal here in the Northeast, there's only so many times you can polish the wheels you know! The Box is just a fair weather car for me.

SD987 02-18-2007 08:06 AM

I know a few of us, including myself, have purchased the sticker from seller 'rjcalnan', no affiliation. High quality sticker from a seller with good feedback and he sends two, which is nice, because the potential for messing up the first attempt is high. Got mine two years ago (silver) and still perfect. "No" to your specific questions, but I haven't tried to remove it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-Wind-Deflector-Decal-Boxster-987-986-Stickers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ020QQ itemZ300081153634QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ChrisZang 02-18-2007 08:42 AM

Hi,

I bought this one a few weeks ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AME WN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110073718923&rd=1 (no affiliation)

I love it: It looks like it was etched into the plexiglass. It went on easy.
The good thing is: the "Porsche" letters are below what you see in your rear view mirror. So the only thing in the mirror is the Porsche logo, and I hardly notice it.
So no obstruction of view and good quality

jinijazz 02-18-2007 09:12 AM

Another satisfied customer here (rjcalnan). Very high quality.
Actually one of the picture in his ad is mine. :)

fab 02-18-2007 09:46 AM

Hey Tomk17,
Glad you posted this. I am in withdrawl too ....and have been considering add this decal. From the forum feedback I am going to buy from the ebay seller, rjcalnan.
Come on...sping..

fab 02-18-2007 09:58 AM

For the folks that bought decal sticker from ebay seller rjclanan what color finsh did you choose?

jinijazz 02-18-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fab
For the folks that bought decal sticker from ebay seller rjclanan what color finsh did you choose?

I personally prefer "exterior matching" color or etched glass one.

djomlas 02-18-2007 11:34 AM

i have mine sitting lower on the windscreen, those look too high up there.
heres where mine is, i didnt buy it, i just cut it out from a brushed aluminum vinyl:

europwr 02-18-2007 01:26 PM

I have these in stock..I have been selling these for over 6 years now.

I usually sell the etched glass color. Very nice stuff.

Let me know...I can set up a group buy...is anyone interested?

Ken Corsun 02-18-2007 01:34 PM

My '07 came with the Porsche sticker on the windscreen.

Ken

jinijazz 02-18-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
i have mine sitting lower on the windscreen, those look too high up there.

Yep my target is all soccer moms in their SUVs :D

SC986 02-18-2007 02:23 PM

Has anyone seen the crest? I saw a pic of a windscreen with the etched style and it looked great but I have never seen one for sale.

Iatros 02-18-2007 04:33 PM

Crest vinyl sticker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Crest-decal-sticker_W0QQitemZ8036188337QQcmdZViewItem

But that looks cheesy :(

Still looking for you though!

europwr 02-18-2007 08:15 PM

Like I said in my previous post. I can provide them for you.

SC986 02-19-2007 04:20 AM

Quote:

I can provide them for you.
I did not see the crest on the website or auctions. Can you send me the info to get one?

Chills 02-19-2007 10:34 AM

+1. I'm interested in a Porsche Crest in etched glass color for my windstop.

Porschekid 02-19-2007 11:25 AM

I would be interested in the text one if there is a group buy.

Travis 02-19-2007 11:45 AM

count me in for a group buy.

short funny story:

I had bought the eBay PORSCHE (black) for the windscreen, was washing the car and my wife was assisting, I took out the windscreen in order to clean the back plastic window and handed my wife the windscreen to clean. She cleaned it and handed back to me and I did not notice it for a couple of days till my neighbour pointed it out....

My wife during her cleaning managed to remove a few letters from the windscreen.

R-C-H-E

Yeap you guessed it, I was driving around thinking I was looking so cool with a sticker on my windscreen reading:

PO S

:eek:

Moral of the story, be careful during cleaning!

silverboxter 02-19-2007 12:32 PM

Arrrrrgh! I lost my R. Yep, should have read this post before I started cleaning my windstop last night. I was dusting off the box and decided to clean the windstop. Thought I did a great job until I noticed that there was an R stuck to my cleaning rag! haha! I put it back on but it just doesn't look right. I'll be ordering another sticker tonight. The windstop just looks naked without it.

Porschekid 02-19-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis
count me in for a group buy.

short funny story:

I had bought the eBay PORSCHE (black) for the windscreen, was washing the car and my wife was assisting, I took out the windscreen in order to clean the back plastic window and handed my wife the windscreen to clean. She cleaned it and handed back to me and I did not notice it for a couple of days till my neighbour pointed it out....

My wife during her cleaning managed to remove a few letters from the windscreen.

R-C-H-E

Yeap you guessed it, I was driving around thinking I was looking so cool with a sticker on my windscreen reading:

PO S

:eek:

Moral of the story, be careful during cleaning!

CLASSIC! :D