Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 10:16 AM   #1
ViO

Buying a Boxster soon!

Hi everyone,

Right now I am looking at a few 2002 Boxsters with low mileage that were never titled from various dealerships, the problem is, most of them do not have the Litronics system installed. I've read online and seen online sellers to buy the system, but I was wondering if it came with Headlight Washsers and how easy it would be to install or if I would need to pay for labor. Also, about the Bose 10 speaker system, if a car doesn't have this, or just has HiFi Sound, are those Rear Speakers I see for sale online the ones that need to be installed?

Thanks a lot~

ViO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #2

As far as I know obviously you can upgrade to the Litronics without a problem. As for the washer system that is something extra that isnt typically included with the Litronics. At the same point everyone I know that has the washer system is unhappy with them. I didnt bother putting them on. From what I was told the spray from the washer in most cases almost missed the headlight and there is a lot of overspray that ends up getting on the car. So if your car is clean it will make it spotty and dirty looking.
As far as the aftermarket rear speaker system I have yet to see one that is the Bose one. Most of the ones I have seen have been different but is about as effective. I never really bothered upgrading my sound system. I enjoy listening to the engine and the exhaust much more
Old 04-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #3

Headlight washers? I've honestly only used the windshield washer once and that was by accident a few days after I bought the car and I was trying to use the cruise control. Haha.

Anyway, be warned that the Litronic retro kit is not exactly the same as the factory kit.

"The factory system contains additional sensors and servos that adjust the beam of the height according to the speed and suspension motion of the car." -Pelican Parts (I assume they meant height of the beam)

However, the kit is still very good and I plan to install it on my '02 eventually. The installation process is very well document on various websites.