986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Chicago Friends -- SUIT UP! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/9392-chicago-friends-suit-up.html)

Jeph 02-07-2007 05:33 PM

Chicago Friends -- SUIT UP!

Sunday, February 11, 2007 @ 8pm-ish

Any of you available to have an impromtu (indoor) get together?

It'd be cool to meet you guys for a beverage/bite to eat.

I'd like to go on an evening where most of us will be available. If Thursday is too soon, maybe Sunday. Post up if you're interested Chicago!

Bavarian Motorist 02-07-2007 05:36 PM

Screw you w/ your frequent meets and gatherings. :mad: :mad:

Where are all the NY meets?

NickCats 02-07-2007 06:16 PM

Jeph,

Count me in !

Tomorrow is not good, but I am up for Sunday...

Nick

Chills 02-08-2007 05:02 AM

When on Sunday? I'm up for an evening get-together. I get off work at 4pm.

Mantis 02-08-2007 05:14 AM

While all you Chicago guys are together, and when you're done talking about cars, come up with a plan to stuff Rex Grossman into a dumpster!

Jeph 02-08-2007 06:41 AM

On my way...

Looks like Sunday night it is, probably 8-ish.

Time to shut off electronic devices...

bmussatti 02-08-2007 06:52 AM

I will be Mr. Mom on Sunday, since my wife will still be on a trip. So, I am sorry to miss this event. 8:00 PM on a Sunday night is bath-time and bed time for my two little girls. :(

Chills 02-08-2007 11:08 AM

So where are we meeting? Western burbs?? :)

Sammy 02-08-2007 03:41 PM

I'd be game for something Sunday night... preferably western suburbs... ;)

Allen K. Littlefield 02-08-2007 04:32 PM

Screw you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist
Screw you w/ your frequent meets and gatherings. :mad: :mad:

Where are all the NY meets?

Hey Bavarian dude, why not come up to the PCA zone 1 Tech. Tactics held at Farnbacher-Loles racing in Danbury CT? I am organizing a regional club drive over together from the Mid Hudson area. Should be a hoot visiting the F.L. race/service shop and who knows, you may pick up a few HP if you get one of their decals. Now just clean up your language and start waxing the Boxcar. :ah:

986geezer

Jeph 02-08-2007 09:13 PM

I don't have a specific destination in mind in terms of a meeting place (city) yet. Naperville would be sweet! That's not too far from me, but how far is that for Sammy & NickCats?

bmussatti, you're killin' me! And where's DJ on this thread?

djomlas 02-08-2007 09:40 PM

yea i wuld be down for it too....lets get a place now.

sorry i somehow didnt even see this thread

NickCats 02-09-2007 05:11 AM

Sammy is just North of Naperville so I'm sure that would work for him.

I live in the boonies so no matter what it will be a hike for me, so Naperville is fine.

Just let us know the time and the place...

Nick

Chills 02-09-2007 06:02 AM

There's a BWW in Warrenville right off I-88 at the Winfield Rd. Exit. It's easy to get to and pretty central. How about Sunday evening there?

Sammy 02-09-2007 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chills
There's a BWW in Warrenville right off I-88 at the Winfield Rd. Exit. It's easy to get to and pretty central. How about Sunday evening there?

Buffalo Wild Wings at 88 and Winfield on Sunday... I'll see you guys there at 8:00. :)

I'm not sure how you can recognize me other than look for me with my red and gray ski jacket. I will most likely be accompanied by my better half who is 5 foot 2 with long black hair and looks like she's from South America (she stands out a little more than I do).

:cheers:

bmussatti 02-09-2007 06:31 AM

I may come with my 2 little girls, for a quick hand-shake and I'll buy one round. :cheers:

Here is what Jeph looks like:

Bavarian Motorist 02-09-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Hey Bavarian dude, why not come up to the PCA zone 1 Tech. Tactics held at Farnbacher-Loles racing in Danbury CT? I am organizing a regional club drive over together from the Mid Hudson area. Should be a hoot visiting the F.L. race/service shop and who knows, you may pick up a few HP if you get one of their decals. Now just clean up your language and start waxing the Boxcar. :ah:

986geezer

Anything Porsche or Boxster or sports car for that matter, I am beyond THERE!

I have been going to the Bimmer meets and 350z meets lately cause there's no action for us Box-guys!

:D I'll pm you for specifics. Thanks.

Jeph 02-09-2007 02:58 PM

Alright, 8pm in Naperville!

But c'mon guys, I didn't voyage over 900 miles to meet at a Buffalo Wild Wings!?! We can do better than that! How about something a bit more unique to the area?

Lou Malnatis?
http://www.loumalnatis.com/locations/suburbs_napervilledowntown.html

(La Sorella Di Francesca is good too, but may be a bit too much for a casual get together.)

Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I'd really love to VETO the BWW.

djomlas 02-09-2007 03:47 PM

either way man, but since its your meeting lets say u get to call it.
Lou Malnatis looks pretty kool, i say we get together there.

bmussatti 02-09-2007 03:57 PM

How about the bar in The Clubhouse at the Oak Brook mall?