Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 07:42 PM   #1

Anyone from VA or area?

Hi all...
Just thought I would try this again since its been about a year I think since I have asked this....
Anyone from the DC or Norther VA area? I have a few porsche friends around here but not many. I belong to the local PCA, but everyone seems to be over 50 and I am not...

jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #2

Hey Miller, I live in NC, not to terribly far away, If there are any PCA or any Porsche event's coming up in "our " area, let me know, I would definatley like to get up with you and take a peek at that beauty you own!!
PorscheCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:29 AM   #3

hey there.
haven't been around much. it has been 70F the last couple days and very nice, so have been enjoying the car with the top down
As for events, the next event I was planning on joining is on May 2. ITs a car show I wanted to enter my car in. Unfortunatly I am going to Myrtle Beach to play golf over that same weekend. I am taking my car down there with me. So I will be there for the weekend. As for other events, my region doesnt have a lot going on in the immediate future. But I will be sure to post stuff I plan to attend
Old 03-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #4

Been out enjoying her, I don't think anyone can be mad at that! Sounds good as far as future events, I havent been to a GOOD car show in a while, plus I would definatley like to check out your 986! Take care
Old 03-26-2004, 01:17 PM   #5

Funny Jeff. I'm going down to Myrtle Beach to play golf next week. April 3rd for a couple of days. But I'm not taking the boxster. Someone else is driving. Hard to get more than 1 set of clubs in the car.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:00 PM   #6

well fortunatly I am only driving myself down there. others are flying or coming from other places. But I will be the only porsche
Old 03-26-2004, 03:09 PM   #7

Thats a long trip. For me, its like 8 hours? Going to try to get 5 rounds in. Leaving Saturday, and coming back on Tuesday. Going to play Long Bay on Sunday. Slope of 144. I've got to hit the driving range.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:52 PM   #8

Hey guys, I live in NC as well. I'd love to hook up with some other Boxster folks. It's just me and and friend that have Boxsters on the Carolina coast.
daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:08 PM   #9

Hey Daman, where about's along the coast do you live?, I spent some time this past summer in Ocean Isle. I live just outside Charlotte, but If anyone has any events, or show's,etc. I would definatley be up for it
Old 03-31-2004, 05:55 PM   #10
Forum Contributor

Send a message via AIM to thompson1020
hey Miller, I'm in the DC area, picked up an Ocean Blue 2000 Boxster 2.7 recently....got a pretty sweet deal from original owner down the street.

At the age of about half 50, I'm guessing I'm even younger than you... but anyway, enjoying the new ride around town; I live in VA but work in MD and DC most of the time so I do a lot of driving.

shined her up and took some pics this weekend:
http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8374563
thompson1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:27 PM   #11

She's a beauty thompson.

Congratulations on the car. Lets hope for better weather soon. I'm itching to get back out there.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:04 PM   #12

Very nice Thompson, she's georgeous man! Enjoy.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:51 AM   #13

Hey Thompson,
Cool, glad to see we have others in the area. Especially young people with these cars. FYI I am not as old as you might think, or maybe I am. I am 31.
Also i live in VA, actually to be more specific, Alexandria city. About 500 ft out of Arlington
Incase you want to see the pics of my car and haven't already....
http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=844&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
Hope to see you around
Old 04-01-2004, 06:09 AM   #14

No that I think of it anyone living in the DC area should look to meet up one of these days somewhere around here. Would be nice to put together a day trip and get a look at everyone elses 986's THose interested, reply.......
Old 04-01-2004, 06:22 PM   #15

Porsche Crazy..I live in New Bern NC, right outside of Morehead City. If you're in the area, look me up! We need to schedule an outer banks cruise!
daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40 PM   #16
Forum Contributor

Send a message via AIM to thompson1020
I used to be in NC for a while - dug it, but job keeps me here in DC; always make the drive back for nice weekends to Outer Banks, Albermarle Sound, or Raleigh (where I lived).

Millr - looks like a ton of work went into that ride - hope to see you around too..... won't be hard to spot yours.

A group drive in VA or NC would be cool sometime under better skies than today..... keep me posted on that.
thompson1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:53 PM   #17

Ahh the Outer Banks, perhaps my favorite place in the entire world. Too bad I live about 1000 miles from their now. When I lived in DC we used to drive down there all the time during the summer. My uncle retired down there and we had and open invitation to crash at his place. Man, I miss that place I haven’t been there in a few years.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by daman
Porsche Crazy..I live in New Bern NC, right outside of Morehead City. If you're in the area, look me up! We need to schedule an outer banks cruise!

Definatley would like to do that, someone throw a date out..
Old 04-02-2004, 05:49 AM   #19

Hey OBX sounds like fun, little far for a day trip for me though. If someone wanted to get a group of us together in the DC area I would be game. All those in favor speak up and lets try to get a handful of us to meet up and maybe make an event of it.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:37 PM   #20

Hey man I was the first to reply, so you know I am definatley down.!