Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #21

Merridian Metallic with Cinimon Brown interior.[IMG][/IMG]

Cinnimon Brown Interior
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...terPix3001.jpgIMG]
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 AM   #22

There's nothing wrong with the sand beige leather but IMO it doesn't fit the silver metallic highlights in the 987 interior. Wood would have been a much better fit for the beige.

I was all set (and negotiated) on a midnight blue / metropol blue / sand beige (paint/top/interior) and was hoping that this misgiving would fade with time. When I went to the dealer for the final look, there was this triple black parked right next to it and all was clear right then and there. I think that the black leather especially fits the silver metallic interior highlights and white S gauges. The all-black combo produces a very neat monochromatic theme interspersed with silver interior and exterior highlights. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it does it for you, that's all that matters. That's why every color combo finds a market eventually.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #23

As the owner of a Speed Yellow 986, I think if I got a 987, I'd get it in Speed Yellow.
On the other hand, if I could afford a Turbo 997, I would have to go with Speed Yellow.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
As the owner of a Speed Yellow 986, I think if I got a 987, I'd get it in Speed Yellow.
On the other hand, if I could afford a Turbo 997, I would have to go with Speed Yellow.
Hi,

I have to agree with you on point. These cars are to some degree outrageous, especially when compared to meeting basic transportation needs. As such, I think the color should be equally striking, or outrageous, if you will.

IMHO, this is especially true of a Roadster. GT cars and Sports Sedans look better with more sedate, deeper tones, as do high-end Luxo-cruisers.

My Boxster is Guards Red, my 240-Z is the equivalent of Speed Yellow, and my Esprit is Black on Tan with two-tone silver/gold wheels. While I never thought about it before, but looks as if I'm following my own advice...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #25

I own a Speed Yellow Boxster and if I were to buy any other Porsche, it'd be Speed Yellow. My father owns 2 Porsches, a 996 Turbo and a 993 Techart CT3, both of which are speed yellow. He actually found my car for me and is a huge fan of yellow. He also owns a pearl yellow Gallardo and his garage is yellow and grey racedeck w/yellow and grey cabinets and garage doors.

This picture was taken before we left for Porsche Palooza 06'

Last edited by yellowboxster01; 01-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
As such, I think the color should be equally striking, or outrageous, if you will.
I can't agree more on this.
I also went through the dramatic change on colors(Silver/Red - Yellow/Black), and think both are "striking" enough for me. And Yes now I do know why yellowboxster1 and ronzi love their speed yellow.

Last edited by jinijazz; 01-29-2007 at 12:32 PM.
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Currently I have that very rare and sought after color combo (Arctic Silver / Black)

-T
There is nothing wrong with Arctic Silver/Black - it's a very attractive combination. There are just too many of us out there. Even in an area like mine where Boxsters are relatively rare, it seems like every other one I see is AS/B. Of course when you buy used like I did, color is less of a priority than condition and price.

My wife gave me a British Porsche magazine with a buying guide on Porsches. (She knew I had to pick my own car, the magazine was her announcement that I should buy the car.) Their guidance was to avoid Guards Red, Speed Yellow and "above all" White if you were concerned about resale.

I don't know what they based this guidance on, and whether it is only applies in the UK. However, I think everyone should just buy what makes them happy.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990
Their guidance was to avoid ...Speed Yellow ... if you were concerned about resale.

I
Undoubtedly true. There are only a few persons of Taste and Discernment looking for a Boxster at any one time.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990
Their guidance was to avoid Guards Red, Speed Yellow and "above all" White if you were concerned about resale..
Way to disclose that now!!!

Actually I share your opinion, AS is a great color. Yes you see them around more than the other colors but hey, that's what happens when something is a hit. AS with the red interior....can NOT go wrong with at all.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #30

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
What about a resale on my cars color lol. Maybe when I'm bored with it ill give it away
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #31

Their guidance was to avoid Guards Red, Speed Yellow and "above all" White if you were concerned about resale.

OOPS!
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
ive had couple of red cars, and actually made money on all of them, so im not buying the whole resale thing...
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #33

Their guidance was to avoid Guards Red, Speed Yellow and "above all" White

Oddly enough, the Boxster is the ONLY car I'd buy in white. For some reason, it looks very good.
BTW, mines AS/B. Oh well.
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #34

When shopping around for a Boxster i had never considered white but when i saw my first white Boxster guess what happened next.
Lovitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttt
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:42 AM   #35
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I've always considered getting a lighter colored interior leather, as I agree they look richer at times than the standard black, but have always ended up getting black or dark grey interiors on my cars because I worry about keeping them looking new over the years. I often dust off my car on the outside or check tire pressures without having a sink to wash my hands near me, and end up getting back in the car to drive off with dirty hands, and imagine that with a tan interior (these days, Porsche matches the steering wheel and shift knob in tan hides as well), I'd get the wheel and shift knob nasty looking rather quickly.

With black, I never have to worry, and even after the sun has worn some color off the black dye of the seats, all I've had to do is redye some spots with black shoe polish, and the seat looks like brand new again. Not something you could do with tan, I guess. It's not just with tan, mind you...I've seen graphite grey and boxster red interiors look dirty and stained as well. With black, never a problem. JMHO. I do want to get the two tone interior for my next Porsche though. The one where the dash top and steering wheel is black, but the lower dash half is either terracotta or tan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

I have Guards Red and Savannah Beige (Tan) interior. I love the Tan interior and haven't had any issues with it showing dirt, or keeping it clean. I always liked Tan leather interiors and have one in my Esprit also (called Magnolia).

Traditionally, only the best hides were reserved for being dyed Tan and other light colors because these colors would show all the flaws and scars in the hide. It bespeaks greater luxury and wealth than Black or Brown Leather which is so dark that any hides can be used.

Of course today, Auto-grade leather is so full of fillers and such that it doesn't matter. But, I still think Tan and lighter colored leathers look richer than the darker ones. I imagine they're more reflective and so marginally cooler as well...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Roadster
i think my next porsche will be white, with red interior or black.

i do however love my current colour...lapis blue on beige.

some like the beige some dont, very easy to clean. just make sure to
get black mats.

i like the s. beige because it changes colours, like the lapis blue. some people have called it a peanut butter colour/orangy/mustard/beige....love how it looks different depending on the night. so pretty much it is the best colour for an interior. n we are talking about savanah beige not tan.
Yoy know, I think you are right about it changing color depending on light because I drove a lapis/savannah boxster and didn't care for the beige but in this 911 I kinda like it.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #37

Lightbulb

You know, I think you are right about it changing color depending on light because I drove a lapis/savannah boxster and didn't care for the beige but in this 911 I kinda like it.
Indeed, what you show there looks different than what i'm used to seeing in a Boxster...

Last edited by wanna986; 01-31-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 AM   #38
fab

My car is black on black. If I had to do it again and was able to pick my colors...hmmmm very close call, 2 choices. I would keep black on black or white exterior with black interior and black top.
painted bumperettes
autoband paint protection
wheel caps & colored crests
door sills
Valentine One
fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #39

Smile

My favourite color for any Porsche is Polar Silver. Can you find a Boxster S in this color???.........................................y es, but wow, there are not many out there.
leathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathers
My favourite color for any Porsche is Polar Silver. Can you find a Boxster S in this color???.........................................y es, but wow, there are not many out there.
That's just a shade darker than arctic, right?
Looks good.