986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   GT3 bumper & skirts purchased! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/9081-gt3-bumper-skirts-purchased.html)

porschegeorg 01-19-2007 07:45 AM

GT3 bumper & skirts purchased!

Well....

I finally took the plunge and purchased the GT3 bumper cover and side skirts. DPS got my business and (from what I read here) I'm looking forward to a good paint job. I should have them in less than 2 weeks. My Box is on 4 jacks right now, but I'll post some pics when I get everything installed.

Thanks to everyone here for GT3 posts (especially Trigem2k and Perfectlap!!)

Georg

Perfectlap 01-19-2007 11:08 AM

How I wish they would have painted it for me. Its sooo expensive here in NY/NJ.
I paid $700 just to have the side skirts painted and mounted (could have done it myself in retrospect).

You are going to love that mod PG, its going to look like a newer, better car.

in a couple of months I would see about adding some clear vinly for the front bumper.

boggtown 01-19-2007 11:31 AM

Sweet, glad to not have helped, lol. I dont think anyone looked at my GT3 pics. lol.

djomlas 01-19-2007 12:39 PM

700 for painting sideskirts? wow :eek: .
on ,y last car i had a hood painted, some imperfections fixd, and installed for 170 out the door :)

docdyh 01-20-2007 04:33 AM

PG, what did you pay for both. Did you get a discount for ordering both? I have been satisfied with DPS motorsports but they are a bit slow to ship...please post some pics when completed.

porschegeorg 01-20-2007 04:58 AM

I paid $2185 for both. This price includes paint and "free" shipping to Ohio. I looked on ebay and even got the best price I could from my local dealer, but DPS seemed to be the lowest out there. Plus, I just am trusting the paint will be professional.

Anyone need a stock (mint, with 3M clearbra) 03 bumper cover??

thenavarro 01-20-2007 07:18 AM

Will a stock 03 Bumper cover fit a 2001 986??? If so, let me know and I'd be interested in it as my front bumper has a couple of blemishes that bother me. Thanks,

Mike Navarro
navarro@flash.net

Boxtaboy 01-20-2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenavarro
Will a stock 03 Bumper cover fit a 2001 986??? If so, let me know and I'd be interested in it as my front bumper has a couple of blemishes that bother me. Thanks,

Mike Navarro
navarro@flash.net

A stock 03 bumper will fit your 01 without any modifications. If your car is seal gray like his, it will be plug and play.

Perfectlap 01-20-2007 08:37 AM

$2200 is a very good price,
The front bumper painted is usually at least $1500 with tax, and the side skirting painted is at least another $1000. (assuming both are factory parts). shipping both would cost at least another $150. Looks like you are saving $300-$500 depending on how expensive painting in your area is.
Also, buying them prepainted takes out all the leg work of having to schlep the parts to the body shop. You can install both yourself in about an hour or two.
You will probably want to get the factory clips for the side skirting and a few new wheel well liner clips in case you break the old ones when you remove the liners to remove the old front bumper.

thenavarro 01-20-2007 08:41 AM

Boxtaboy,

Thanks for the input. Yes, my car is seal grey too. I sent a PM to the bumper guy. Take care,

Mike

porschegeorg 01-20-2007 10:46 AM

Thanks Perfectlap! Dayton from DPS told me that the skirts come with all of the hardware (clips). I'm assuming they will be factory clips, since the skirts are factory. If not I'll get some. I need to use the "original" screws and wheel liner clips for the bumper though...the new bumper doesnt come with any hardware. I'll definitely buy some new clips....I dont wanna reuse that stuff....good idea!

Mike - I got your PM and PM'd you back.

Dr. Kill 01-20-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown
Sweet, glad to not have helped, lol. I dont think anyone looked at my GT3 pics. lol.

Great license plate! That is hilarious!

NickCats 01-21-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschegeorg
I paid $2185 for both. This price includes paint and "free" shipping to Ohio. I looked on ebay and even got the best price I could from my local dealer, but DPS seemed to be the lowest out there. Plus, I just am trusting the paint will be professional.

Anyone need a stock (mint, with 3M clearbra) 03 bumper cover??

How did you get both for $2185 ?

DPS website list price is $4800 ?

TIA !

Nick

porschegeorg 01-21-2007 04:27 PM

I think the price on the DPS website is for the entire Aero Kit II...which includes the rear trunk lid and spoiler. I only purchased the front bumper and side skirts.

NickCats 01-21-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschegeorg
I think the price on the DPS website is for the entire Aero Kit II...which includes the rear trunk lid and spoiler. I only purchased the front bumper and side skirts.

Thanks ! I didn't know that...

Make sure to post a pic when you get a chance :p

Regards,

Nick