986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Wash Day (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/9008-wash-day.html)

edevlin 01-13-2007 09:54 AM

Wash Day

Its a beautful day in Central Virginia today, temp is in the 70's. I drive my boxster year-round, and it was due for a wash and wax. I know it is just another silver boxster, but it sure is fun....

Ed

:cheers:

unklekraker 01-13-2007 10:16 AM

dude, my car is long overdue for washing. It's sunny in here but..OMG, it's freezing. It's like 45degrees :(

FrayAdjacent 01-13-2007 10:34 AM

We're havnig the extremely crappy weather here. Low 40s, rain. With some rain and a little side of rain. Tuesday-ish, it's supposed to get down to freezing... with rain... and a little more rain with some rain on the side.

Heck, the rest of this month looks like crap... and my (new to me) Boxster needs a good washing and waxing, and I need to clean the top.

djomlas 01-13-2007 10:41 AM

clean ride man, but at least take it out of the driveway and take some pics, i remember last time i saw ur car was in the same spot. no pun intended, just switch it up a little.
i love the tails and 986 badge :cheers:

45 degrees is great weather for washing the car man cmon.

rdancd816 01-13-2007 10:49 AM

It's a beautiful day here in Denver. About 4 feet of snow on the ground, sunny, and about 2 degrees. Had the Boxster out this morning and picked up a lot of slush, splashback and various types of crud! I would love to wash the car but I think I'll pass for today! I drive it every day snow or not! 70 degrees?!!! I wish!

KevinH1990 01-13-2007 01:02 PM

Ed

The weathers has been great. I got home a little early last night and caught up with my cleaning too.
I like the wheels and deambered tailights on your car. It makes it look like a newer car. I need to be careful about my Boxster spending though.

edevlin 01-13-2007 01:35 PM

"clean ride man, but at least take it out of the driveway and take some pics, i remember last time i saw ur car was in the same spot. no pun intended, just switch it up a little."

Ha, good one, glad you noticed. I actually took the pics in the same place to contrast changes I have done to the car. Since the first set of pics at that location the car now sits 1" lower on its new Bilstein PSS9 suspension, I also deambered side and rear lights and stuck on the "986" on the rear.

Lastly, I was having so much fun working on the car I ended up having a few :cheers: 's, and I never get behind the wheel after even a beer or two.

Ed

:dance:

ohioboxster 01-13-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
dude, my car is long overdue for washing. It's sunny in here but..OMG, it's freezing. It's like 45degrees :(

Wait, back up. 45 is swimming weather in Ohio, ok not really but its not cold. To be so fortunate and not even realize it. Im jealous and long for the sun because it rains in Ohio probably much like Seattle. There is a place in Ohio called the Ravenna Aresenal and it was located in this state due to cloud cover I would bet. Go outside with a wife beater on and wash your car.

unklekraker 01-13-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Wait, back up. 45 is swimming weather in Ohio, ok not really but its not cold. To be so fortunate and not even realize it. Im jealous and long for the sun because it rains in Ohio probably much like Seattle. There is a place in Ohio called the Ravenna Aresenal and it was located in this state due to cloud cover I would bet. Go outside with a wife beater on and wash your car.

dude...beat you to it! i did a quick wash of my car not with tank top but with my scuba diving wet suit..ahahahahaha!j/k...but yeah, did a quick wash and now getting ready to go for a drive with the wifey before it drop to low 30's :D

wanna986 01-13-2007 06:50 PM

Very nice.
Where did you get the taillights?
Who makes them?

Grizzly 01-13-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
dude...beat you to it! i did a quick wash of my car not with tank top but with my scuba diving wet suit..:D

Now there's a picture I want to see! Unkle in the driveway, washing his car in scuba gear.

Ed, your car is looking tough. I love the look of a lowered Boxster! I went right by you today on my way to and from Oxford North Carolina to pick up a car. I'm going to call the guy back in the morning, 'cause we're only a few dollars apart on a deal for a second one. I almost hope he says no dice. Don't know if I want to pull a trailer up and down 95 for 10 hours, 2 days in a row!

Jump 01-14-2007 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanna986
Very nice.
Where did you get the taillights?
Who makes them?

I second the question on the taillights!

edevlin 01-14-2007 03:08 AM

I got the tailights from a seller on ebay. I just searched for tailights. I was not sure if I wanted the more traditional clear lights or this style, which some have called a little ricey. But they are nice and bright and seem to work pretty well with a silver car, but more importantly, my teenage son loves them. BTW, he gets to drive the car sometimes, but only when dad is with him.

Ed

:dance:

edevlin 01-14-2007 03:10 AM

I forgot to stick in a couple of views of the lights....

ed

KevinH1990 01-14-2007 06:26 AM

I like the switch from the Boxster tag to 986. With the exception of the Speedster, I think all Porsches should go by their numerical designation.

djomlas 01-14-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinH1990
I like the switch from the Boxster tag to 986. With the exception of the Speedster, I think all Porsches should go by their numerical designation.

but what would you do if you took the boxster off, and underneath is like 3 shades darker, and even though now there is no actual badge, it still says boxster? thats the situation with mine. so i made a brushed aluminum one

Y2BOX 01-14-2007 11:43 AM

Someone has tried to steal the Boxster badge from the back of mine..and it has snapped...I will prob replace with the 987 Silver coloured Boxster S badge rather than the usual titanium.

husker boxster 01-15-2007 01:28 PM

Definitely NOT a Wash Day

Since this thread started out as a weather report....

Omaha received 4" of snow yesterday and today our "high" was 5 whole degs. I heard a lot of new creaks and groans driving home from work today. I know the snow amt doesn't come close to Denver amts, but I was excited to get a measureable amt of precip. I bought some Bridgestone Blizzaks back in Nov and was looking forward to trying them out. I was out yesterday driving around and they worked great. My Boxster is a daily driver and obviously I need it to get around. Don't want to buy the winter junker because there will be a morning when the weather man says "today is going to be great" and by 2pm it's snowing like crazy. Don't want to get caught with the Boxster in a situation like that. The Blizzaks are 18's, so I was concerned they might be too big to work in the snow. Saw lots of threads about going to 17s. But I kind of want to find some chrome wheels this spring (that's a topic for a separate thread) for my summer tires, so I needed to use my current 18s. Anyway, I am very happy with the new shoes.

Hope the folks in the lower 48 are enjoying their warm weather.

Terry