Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #1

Cleaning lexan windscreen

What's a good product to clean the lexan windscreen? I was lucky enough to get the whole windscreen setup with my previously owned Boxster, but the windscreen is a bit dirty. Not scratched up, thankfully!

Would a good auto glass cleaner work? (something that doesn't have ammonia in it) Would Plexus be good to use on it??

TIA

FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:14 AM   #2

HI,

I use Eyeglass cleaner and a soft microfiber cloth, works great! You can also use a little Dishwashing Detergent, polmolive and such - not Dawn. Rub it with your fingers and then rinse, dry with soft cloth, I've used this as well...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #3

PLexus all the way, then use it on your headlights, tailights and your helmet visor if its handy.

p.s.
another treatment rarely discussed I did this warm weekend was to moisturize the rubber moulding in the trunk, hood and windows. 1Z makes a little applicator bottle that I use every few months. a little ounce of prevention..
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #4

Lap, thanks, I wanted to know if I could use Plexus on it... it's nice to know that I can, and that I can use it on the lense covers. They're pretty clean, but I'm sure the bottle of Plexus will be on the shelf with all of my other cleaning stuff.

You've also got a good idea in treating/moisturizing the various seals. My '69 Targa is a great illustration of how seals can dry, crack and basically just go to crap over the years. An ounce of prevention is worth... you know what they say!
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #5

303 Aerospace Protectant

I use this on my rubber and dash.
BobMarley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
bmussatti

I clean my windstop with the Zaino Z6 detailer spray and a 100% cotton towel. I also wear rubber gloves...no fingerprints!

Sometimes is use my 2:1 solution of distilled water and denatured alcohol with a 100% cotton towel. This is great for windows.