986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Need advice on Boxster Withdrawal (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8916-need-advice-boxster-withdrawal.html)

Rail26 01-06-2007 07:06 AM

Need advice on Boxster Withdrawal

Dear 986Forum ,

As you well know, I dinged the bumper on the Boxster again. So far I have put a new exhaust and bumper (lady rear ended me) and am in the process of putting another bumper on the Box after nicking a cement divider. I have been without "Lola" for 1 month and I pick her up on Friday from Phoenix. I don't think I am going to make it through the next week. I can't sleep, I can't eat or focus. Has anybody else had this problem? I can't stop thinking about her. Do you still think she loves me? Do you think she will forgive me? Will we ever be able to trust each other again?

Missing Lola in El Paso.

Rail26 01-06-2007 08:22 AM

One was considered no fault...my insurance actually went down by 400 clams per year. We will see about this one...I have a great driving record though so it shouldn't be too bad. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I also attended defensive driving school so maybe it will be a wash...who knows? Oh well, you live, you drive, you die.

SD987 01-06-2007 08:59 AM

Sorry to hear about your car-troubles my friend,

I'm curious whether there were any adverse affects from getting rear-ended, does it drive the same as it did? I can't tell exactly from your post, but it seems you had a brief time to drive it before accident number two.

RandallNeighbour 01-06-2007 09:27 AM

Rail, you need to rent a faster car for the weekend to get over your grief and boxster lonliness. Or, talk your way into flying an F14 or something along those lines and burn some tax dollars up in the atmosphere.

Then return here and tell us all about it!

Ronzi 01-06-2007 09:32 AM

Did Lola by any chance like getting rear-ended? If so, this may signal a move to a whole new level in your relationship.

ElStevano 01-06-2007 12:16 PM

hiatus

Head over to your porsche dealership and test drive a 911 turbo. Make sure to shower so she can't smell "another car" on you when she returns.

Rail26 01-06-2007 03:22 PM

Ronzi, well played! Hmmm....

SD987, the rear ending was only cosmetic. She hit me at no more than 10 mph, however her old car was nose diving so it hit the exhaust muffler which is why I have an "S" muffler now. I should have upgraded the exhaust, but I will save the money for the turbo!

Randall, are you back from the civet ranch so soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronzi
Did Lola by any chance like getting rear-ended? If so, this may signal a move to a whole new level in your relationship.

Grizzly 01-06-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
One was considered no fault...my insurance actually went down by 400 clams per year. We will see about this one...I have a great driving record though so it shouldn't be too bad. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I also attended defensive driving school so maybe it will be a wash...who knows? Oh well, you live, you drive, you die.

I assume you have USAA? I had a perfect record with them for nearly 20 years. Then I made one little mistake and blam, they raised my rates! The gall. You run one little Mercedes-Benz under one large truck and what, they're all pissy about it? What-ever.

MNBoxster 01-06-2007 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Rail, you need to rent a faster car for the weekend to get over your grief and boxster lonliness. Or, talk your way into flying an F14 or something along those lines and burn some tax dollars up in the atmosphere.

Then return here and tell us all about it!

Hi,

The Tomcat has officially been de-comm'd from the inventory in '04. Best he can do right now is an F/A/18E, or F Super Hornet, unless he's willing to wait for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. He'd have to jump services to get behind the stick of these, or the F-22 Raptor.

But, unfortunately, Rail 26 has been an eggbeater and Big Mother driver. He'd have to reprogram the Brain Housing Group to understand, appreciate, and master a true Burner, no offense, we need you guys too...

Happy Mototoring!... Jim'99

Bavarian Motorist 01-07-2007 08:25 AM

Funny what people name their cars. I proudly named mine the "Sexster"

bmussatti 01-07-2007 08:50 AM

Hey Rail, how about a whole pint of Cherry Garcia!

unklekraker 01-07-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist
Funny what people name their cars. I proudly named mine the "Sexster"

I named my Boxster "Paris" and my Benz "Hilton" due to their high maintenance requirement..hehehehehe!

Grizzly 01-07-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Hey Rail, how about a whole pint of Cherry Garcia!

Sorry guys, but I'm officially jacking this thread...

In December 1981, Mumia Abu Jamal executed a Philadelphia Police Officer, and family friend, Daniel Faulkner, in Center City Philadelphia. Jamal was arrested at the scene, with the murder weapon. The case went to trial and Jamal was sentenced to death. Twenty-five years later, Jamal still lives, while Danny's wife and family struggle on without Danny. Ben and Jerry's, among many others, contributes money to fund Jamal's endless appeals. Please join me in boycotting Ben and Jerry's. I know it sucks, as New York Super Fudge Chunk is the greatest ice cream ever created, but Danny was set up and executed in the line of duty when he was just 25 years old. It's the least I can do to support justice for Danny.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.danielfaulkner.com/