986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Heck of a Snowstorm (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8859-heck-snowstorm.html)

Rail26 01-01-2007 04:06 PM

Heck of a Snowstorm

I got caught in the snow storm that hit southern Colorado and northern Santa Fe. Good think my car is in the shop because I seriously considered taking the Box to Santa Fe. Fortunately we took the 4 Runner up there and ended up getting walloped with 2 feet of snow. Skiing was awesome though!

As I was heading up I-25, there was a state trooper behind me. He turned on his lights and I looked at my speed (5 mph over) and thought he was after me. Fortunately, he stopped in the middle of the road and shut down I-25. We were the last car to make it.

Anybody else get caught in the storm?

Wonko The Sane 01-01-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
I got caught in the snow storm that hit southern Colorado and northern Santa Fe. Good think my car is in the shop because I seriously considered taking the Box to Santa Fe. Fortunately we took the 4 Runner up there and ended up getting walloped with 2 feet of snow. Skiing was awesome though!

As I was heading up I-25, there was a state trooper behind me. He turned on his lights and I looked at my speed (5 mph over) and thought he was after me. Fortunately, he stopped in the middle of the road and shut down I-25. We were the last car to make it.

I want some snow :( I spent arse-loads of money on snow equipment for the box, and I love snow. Something is screwed up with the weather if you guys down in texas are getting snow and up here in PA it's been sunny and 50... At least I get to have to top down comfortably, though :)

As a snow-lover and a convertible owner, I'm torn... do I want snow or do I enjoy global warming for all it's worth?

David N. 01-01-2007 07:58 PM

I just got finished driving back from Fort Worth to Los Angeles on I-10 in my truck. I had considered I-40, but figured weather was about to get really nasty. Glad I stuck with boring I-10 :)

-David

jeffsquire 01-02-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26

We had snow in late NOv/early Dec but it melted. Daytime temps slightly higher than normal but evening temps higher than normal. 30s and 40s. Top's been down a couple of days. I am SOOOOO GLADD we didnt put her away for winter.

Chills 01-03-2007 05:00 AM

I didn't get caught in the storm but I'm heading back to Albuquerque in 10 days. I'm from the East Mountain area and I plan on going up to Taos to do a little winter climbing. I hope the snow sticks around up there, its easier to kick steps than to climb on icy rock.

djomlas 01-03-2007 07:43 AM

i must say im enjoying this global warming thing we did to ourselves :dance:

Chills 01-03-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
i must say im enjoying this global warming thing we did to ourselves :dance:

Don't get me started on that subject.

<---- professional weatherman.