986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Won't be doing the 3.8L upgrade :/ (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8795-wont-doing-3-8l-upgrade.html)

webster132 12-29-2006 07:45 AM

Won't be doing the 3.8L upgrade :/

Hey guys,

I promised to give you an update on the 3.8L upgrade RUF I was contemplating, but now I've finally made the decision: It's not going to happen. Instead, I'm going to trade my Lambo coupe for a Spyder and possibly look into trading the Boxster for a regular 911 coupe at some point later next year.

It's indeed a little sad. The Boxster is such an awesome car and we've had 8500 fantastic miles together (5500 of which on that perfect 3-week Chicago->West coast and back trip). But it's of course no comparison to roaring away with the top down in a Gallardo Spyder (nor were it meant to be). The sound of that V10 is orgasmic.

I'm going to test drive a possible trade-in candidate tomorrow. Hail the mild Chicago winter!

RandallNeighbour 12-29-2006 07:50 AM

I sure wish I had to make the decisions you are making! Post pics of whatever you park in the garage. We'd love to see it, whatever it is! :dance:

jwilson95 12-29-2006 07:54 AM

I'm with Randall.

That is a horrible thing to have to comtemplate and I hate to hear it...

Jeff :D (green as this guy with envy)

unklekraker 12-29-2006 08:03 AM

Tough decision to make there, buddy! If you need someone to test drive either one before buying it, I volunteer myself :D I will even pay for my own ticket..hahahaha! j/k

Good luck and post some pix of before and after of the car park in the garage :)

z12358 12-29-2006 08:07 AM

Good decision. Post pics and impressions if you get a chance.
Z.

SD987 12-29-2006 08:07 AM

I'll alert the media !

webster132 12-29-2006 09:37 AM

Ha! Yeah, I know it's a fairly luxury "problem" to have :). I'll post some pictures if I decide to get the car tomorrow.

In the process of deciding what to do, I went on a test drive bonanza yesterday. 2 lambos, 3 ferraris, and even 2 maseratis. One of the Ferraris gave me the scare of my life! It was a 360 CS and they had put it in race mode (= almost zero traction control). I did a full 180 in it!

Thankfully it was on a closed drive-way sort of thing. And to my complete astonishment, I managed to avoid hitting the curb. I was shaking like a leaf after that. Holy f. So if you ever attempt to take a 425hp, rear-wheel driven supercar for a spin, BE SURE YOU GOT ALL THE TRACTION CONTROLS ON!

z12358 12-29-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webster132
Ha! Yeah, I know it's a fairly luxury "problem" to have :). I'll post some pictures if I decide to get the car tomorrow.

In the process of deciding what to do, I went on a test drive bonanza yesterday. 2 lambos, 3 ferraris, and even 2 maseratis. One of the Ferraris gave me the scare of my life! It was a 360 CS and they had put it in race mode (= almost zero traction control). I did a full 180 in it!

Thankfully it was on a closed drive-way sort of thing. And to my complete astonishment, I managed to avoid hitting the curb. I was shaking like a leaf after that. Holy f. So if you ever attempt to take a 425hp, rear-wheel driven supercar for a spin, BE SURE YOU GOT ALL THE TRACTION CONTROLS ON!

Just curious, did you have to drive in with the Lambo to get those test drives or a 987 would have done it? This just gave me some ideas...

djomlas 12-29-2006 09:48 AM

hey man, how bout you give me ride in that Lambo b4 u sell it?

bmussatti 12-29-2006 10:05 AM

Webster, has the new Lambo dealership open yet on Ogden Road in Westmont?

z12358 12-29-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Webster, has the new Lambo dealership open yet on Ogden Road in Westmont?

Uh-oh, smells like a big bonus this year. :D

super66 12-29-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webster132

I'm in chicago too....can I have a job where you work please :D

webster132 12-29-2006 11:35 AM

> Just curious, did you have to drive in with the Lambo to get those test drives
> or a 987 would have done it? This just gave me some ideas...

A 987 would be fine. I arrived with a friend in his BMW M Coupe for the first few drives. But it helps to book an appointment in advance. And to be honest, I don't think it's a good idea if there's no way you're in the market for one or getting any time soon. But if it's a possibility, by all means go give it a try. Be advised, though, it may be a tough walk back to the Porsche (despite its greatness).

> Webster, has the new Lambo dealership open yet on Ogden Road in Westmont?

Not yet. They're telling me January with a reception in March. So it's still a 40 minute drive to get out there.

> I'm in chicago too....can I have a job where you work please

I doubt most Lambo owners hold a regular job :). Pretty much all I've talked to have been business owners.

denverpete 12-29-2006 01:08 PM

In Related News....

I won't be dating Charlize Theron in the upcoming year. You may now proceed with your currently viewed thread....