Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #1

Pimp my Garage! Or show me yours!

So I have this idea. I'm taking off for the holidays but I can't just sit on my keester so I want to paint my garage walls and add some framed art to it too. I was thinking of a checkered flag theme down the first 3.5 feet of the drywall wrapped around the garage and then paint the upper portion a light grey with framed pictures in the grey area. Much like as if it were seperated by chairrail. I want to post my garage pictures to see who has some awesome talent out there with photoshop because I don't. I'd like to see what it may look like with my idea, or what any other cool ideas you would come up with and if I like it, I would do it! I also encourage others to post their garage pictures! I just want to do paint, the cabinets and expensive shelves aren't in the budget right now. I already have epoxy coated the floor a semi gloss grey which I love. Can't wait to see the replies!

99BoxsterATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Travis
You know that almost sounds like a challange to djomlas !

He does post some impresive stuff he has done with PS.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #3

Personally, I'd rather catch a beating than paint. I just painted stripes in one of our guest bathrooms and kept praying that I'd fall from the ladder and kill myself. I can't imagine what it'll take to paint a checkered flag. Have you considered painting the bottom in a contrasting color, separated by a checkered flag border? There are several pre-pasted variations available on the web.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #4

I could see already that this thread will show the "creative side" of every man in this forum
Ideas:
Looking at your garage, the epoxy paint on the floor looks really good but not really sure about putting a lot of checkered flag paint on it, probably just a stripe right in the center and paint top and bottom that kinda blend into each other...top has lighter color and bottom will be a little darker so in case it got dirty, it won't be really noticeable...and don't put too many picture frame on it!

or, get one of your favorite poster or painting and use that as a guideline for your paint but not too much coz' you want that painting to be the central focus of the garage...
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #5

Let's start with a 52 inch plasma HDTV to cover up the ugly breaker box and add a suround sound system. You can watch movies in you car with the top down. Then add a popcorn machine and a beer cooler and forget the paint.
Cinnimon Brown Interior
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...terPix3001.jpgIMG]

Last edited by bnorman; 12-19-2006 at 09:19 AM.
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorman
Let's start with a 52 inch plasma HDTV to cover up the ugly breaker box and add a suround sound system. You can watch movies in you car with the top down. The add a popcorn machine and a beer cooler and forget the paint.
How 'bout you do what bnorman says except you get an old drive-in speaker and paint other cars on the walls with fogged up windows.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
heres a quick 5 min pchop
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
How 'bout you do what bnorman says except you get an old drive-in speaker and paint other cars on the walls with fogged up windows.
Now you are talking, that might just actualy look good.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #9

lol, your picture looks awesome compared to mine! Don't laugh!

I am pretty good at masking and taping. I work for 3M Checkered flags shouldn't be a problem.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BoxsterATL
lol, your picture looks awesome compared to mine! Don't laugh!

I am pretty good at masking and taping. I work for 3M Checkered flags shouldn't be a problem.
I sure hope you paint better than you photoshop
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 AM   #11

Yes I promise I do! Here's a recent picture of my pool room I painted. (Before & After) I also did all the wood work (Double crown, shadow boxes, chair rail) and installs of the surround sound (before dry wall) and tv. I'd like to do something of this sort for the garage minus wood work. Just paint of a new shade or similar but light difference. This pool room is on the same level as the garage so I don't want to walk in either door from either location and it be too crazy. Just a nice flow looking like an interior designer was payed big bucks to figure it out. It would look cool to make the garage almost look like a dealership, sleek, cool and trendy, much like the Porsche dealerships are now if you go in them. Much like the photoshop picture that looks awesome on this thread, and he said he only did it in 5 mins!

Old 12-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #12

2nd picture wasn't coming up... i'll try again

Old 12-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #13

Wow, it looks like you have the skills. Your game room looks great. Very nice job.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #14

Thanks! I just need real creative ideas now since I have not come across too many garages that have been done up. Trying to find pictures online is nearly impossible unless you are looking for cabinets etc.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #15

99box

Is that a Spencer-Marsden table from Billiardex? I just ordered one (Turin) and was looking at a model similar to your picture.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Thanks! I just need real creative ideas now since I have not come across too many garages that have been done up. Trying to find pictures online is nearly impossible unless you are looking for cabinets etc.

If you want garage ideas, go to http://www.garagejournal.com and sign up for the board. There are literally thousands of photos in the Gallery section, as well as every flooring, wall covering, tool selection etc, etc, etc post that you could imagine. Here's a photo I quickly pulled down from the gallery as an example...

Old 12-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #17

Cool, I am gonna check out the site. The billiards table is an Olhausen. I picked it up at Games & Things. It was the first thing I bought for the house while it was being built. It was somewhere around $2500 or less installed. It's a great table. Has that accufast siding that won't break down and I believe was a three slate table system. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch them install it. I had to get one short stick for the tricky shots since the room isn't huge.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Cool, I am gonna check out the site. The billiards table is an Olhausen. I picked it up at Games & Things. It was the first thing I bought for the house while it was being built. It was somewhere around $2500 or less installed. It's a great table. Has that accufast siding that won't break down and I believe was a three slate table system. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch them install it. I had to get one short stick for the tricky shots since the room isn't huge.

that pool rooom looks great! I always wanted to add the white wood around the lower walls and then paint the top half like that.....for a second I thought it was somone's garage when I opened the thread
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Olhausen are a really good brand. The billardex also use three slates. I'm getting my installation on the 29th and it came to about $2500 with all the extras (cover, new heat-resistant balls>????, etc.) having 15' by 19' is often difficult. Hoping we manage.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #20

So, lemme ask an impertinent question. Do any of you guys actually DO anything in your garage, besides maybe wax the Porsche?
Do you actually own a toolbox, or maybe just a couple of wrenches?
Those are the male equivalent of Martha Stewart's kitchen. Pretty as hell, but nothing as messy as actual cooking has taken place there.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote