Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #1

$1350 on 60K service, rip off???

Hey guys,

I'm on 57.5k right now on my 99 boxster. Wanted to get some quote on 60K service at Heishman Porsche in Arlington, VA. They quoted $1350, is this a rip off or sounds right?

Thanks

2fast2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Travis
2fast2c -

There is a another thread going about the 1500mi for $1200
http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8661

But I will just say to call around (maybe independant). I have one here that will only charge $300.00 labor for the 30k and $175.00 for the 45k plus parts, but also gives me the option of if I want to supply the parts to him.

And he worked for Porsche in the "Motherland" for years and ended up out here with faimly and started his own shop.

btw: that Aero I kit you have on your Box is sharp looking!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #3

Yeah

Pretty much what I paid. You had a better deal than me, my car had a rebuilt engine(not known to me) prior to my purchase, so when I took it in 5k later, for the 60k service. Nothing had to be done. But they gladly charged me 1300+ for the service. Arlington Porsche, Alexandria VA.
BobMarley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #4

I really would like to take it to good independent mechanic but they are hard to find. Anyone knows honest, trustworthy mechanics in Northern Virginia?
I thought I had one for awhile but he messed up my mercedez and refused to pay for it so I stop taking all my cars to him. I don't mind paying for if it's worth it and it is legitimate but whenever I go to dealer, I just feel like they see us as walking dollars

Thanks Travis for your compliment. I really like it too. When I first saw it, I fell in love with it.

2fast2c is offline   Reply With Quote