Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 04:46 AM   #1

two more questions.....

1. is it true that you can not completely turn of the Stability Controll on the porsche?
you can on the Z4... i drive pretty hard, and enjoy a little rear-end slippage once in a while.

2. they told me oil changes aren't covered... what other suprises could i expect when bring the car in for routine service... everything is covered on my BMW.

AtoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoB
1. is it true that you can not completely turn of the Stability Controll on the porsche?
you can on the Z4... i drive pretty hard, and enjoy a little rear-end slippage once in a while.

2. they told me oil changes aren't covered... what other suprises could i expect when bring the car in for routine service... everything is covered on my BMW.

Hi,

Yes it is true, you cannot fully deactivate the Stability Control. At the extreme, some of it's function will still come on, ABS modulation, etc.

The warranty is not nearly so good as BMW's, and there is no Maintenance Warranty like BMW, Jaguar or Lexus have. So far as consumables, Porsche covers nothing. Only if a component actually fails will Porsche generally replace it under warranty. That's not a given, several TSBs are out on items which Porsche will not cover such as battery replacement and a few others. Some have been successful in arguing replacement of some of these items and others have not. I suspect the dealership positions vary considerably. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote