Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 03:10 AM   #1

Bra for my '00 S

Guys I am trying to find a good bra for my car. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:52 PM   #2

I've been very happy with the "Autobahnd" clear adhesive film product (not a bra per se, but a permanent chip protection that is transparent). It has saved my paint several times from some good whacks... http://www.autobahndint.com/home.html is their web site.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:58 PM   #3

You know what the most effective, cheapest and best looking bra in the world is??? No bra at all. Stay back from cars, especially farrrr back from 18 wheeelers and it is just as good or better than a bra. Plus, many times the rocks hit up high where there is no bra protection(plus they don't protect your headlights). I learned my lesson quickly after I got a small chip the 2nd day I had my car. It hit up high on the front fender, where no bra would cover anyway. Now, I'm just careful about riding people's bumpers. Plus, bras just don't look good IMO.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:20 AM   #4

Yeah, I agree with you Adam. I don't think they look good either, but in Tennessee in the spring and summer, the bugs alone can pick up your car and move it. I am not so much worried about stone chips.
bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 09:33 AM   #5

I bought mine from Pelican Parts. I dont use it often, but I do use it on long drives when I dont really know what to expect.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #6

The dealer put my autobahnd shield free of charge when I bought mine, along with a Lojack. So far I've been happy with it, and I know it protected my car from a few whacks of flying debris from the highway. But it is not 100% protection at all... especially larger chunks of meteorites flying around behind a 18 wheeler. But, it's barely noticeable to the naked eye and you don't have to take it off to wash or wax your car!
tomatjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #7
Forum Contributor

Good thing we are all different or it would be a boring world. I think the bras look great. Picked mine up off E-bay for 85 bucks. Brand new Porsche OEM with insignia and storage pouch (also with insignia) . See them on there quite often.