986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Kids seats (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/854-kids-seats.html)

Laszlo 03-16-2004 04:13 AM

Kids seats

Reading through some of the messages, I have noticed that there are people hwo see the arrival of a son/daughter as a reason to sell their Boxster.

I just say: DON'T DO IT!

We had a daughter 9 months ago and, whilst the three of us can not travel in the Boxster, our daughter seems to love being taken to the creche (sort of kindergarden). I bought kids' seat from Porsche (model called Prince) which is very flexible and can be used from either the age of 4 months or 60 cm height. In addition it turned out to be cheaper than the equivalent model in the shops. (It also has Porsche written all over it!:D ) We also got her a body with a picture of a Porsche on it and the header: "Pushchair today, Porsche tomorrow" :) )

Anyway, she seems to love being taken anywhere in the car which might also be down to being able to watch the GPS screen.

So, once again, do't make any rash decisions by deciding to sell your car before looking at other options. Boxsters are just too good for that.

JT 03-16-2004 01:20 PM

I have the seat and airbag disabling gizmo as well. However, I have no boxster now :(

satlanny 03-19-2004 04:24 AM

I have a 4 month old and have been pondering a 996. I have heard of this seat and it might work- can you tell me the cost? Do you have to have a dealer disable the airbag? I think I will like the top down driving vs. the back seat and more power if I choose the 996.

Laszlo 03-19-2004 04:34 AM

I bought the set (Seat and Airbag-disabling kit) in July last year and including the fitting it cost me a total of 320 Euros.

I also spoke to them about having the seat in the back of a 996 and they told me that it does not fit. So, even in a 996, you would have to have the seat in the front.

Hope this helps

JT 03-20-2004 08:28 PM

the seat cost me about 350.00 The dealer needs to prgram the cars computer so that it recognized the airbag disabling switch. They did that for free.

satlanny 03-21-2004 05:33 AM

thanks - i am going to check it out

bodacious 03-22-2004 03:49 AM

I have got one, the guy I purchased my car threw it in along with a car cover. Let me know if you want it, I am sure we can work something out.

satlanny 03-22-2004 05:33 PM

Yes- I may - contact me when you get time

gtlee 03-31-2004 10:43 PM

I'm having a kid this year. JT, care to sell your baby seat if you have no use for it any more? =)

bodacious 04-01-2004 02:48 AM

Sure, I'll let it go. Email me a price. bokeith@firstexpress.net.