Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #1

I give. Just can't take it any more!!

No, I'm not selling the Boxster....just tired of trying to figure out the freakin' P1502 code problem. I've replaced everything to do with the throttle system and got down to the clock spring for the steering wheel, but six months later I still have to use my laptop and the Durametric to start it. Cruise control isn't working, windows don't drop when the latch is released and she won't go over 2K rpm until I clear the code with the car started and it all happened at the same time.

I'm giving up and letting a mechanic give it a go. I just can't take the frustration of replacing something and the code still comes back. All because the steering wheel was removed to replace the turn signal stalk last June.

1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #2
boggtown

Note to self: if turn signals go out, just use hands instead.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
damn man, that sux.

hopefully they get it fixed and ure out of water
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #4

Not sure if this helps with the windows and cruise control but...
If your Boxster is a MY 2000 your DME system is the 7.2 version according to the Bentley manual. The P1502 code is 'Fuel pump relay output stage'.
The 5.2 DME version lists the P1502 code as 'Throttle jacking unit spring test'.
You mention replacing things related to the throttle system. Have you check the fuel pump relay? It is located above the fuse box to the left of the 'double-wide' relay (convertible top relay) on the rop row.
Good luck.

derb
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #5

Thanks, but the Bentley manual is wrong. It has those two backwards. I replaced the fuel pump relay first since the Bentley manual called for that but it didn't work. Then someone mentioned the Throttle jacking spring so looked it up on the AllData site and it has the Throttle jacking for the 7.2 DME. Every other place I looked for the codes said the same thing so I'm pretty sure the Bentley manual is the only one that's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb
Not sure if this helps with the windows and cruise control but...
If your Boxster is a MY 2000 your DME system is the 7.2 version according to the Bentley manual. The P1502 code is 'Fuel pump relay output stage'.
The 5.2 DME version lists the P1502 code as 'Throttle jacking unit spring test'.
You mention replacing things related to the throttle system. Have you check the fuel pump relay? It is located above the fuse box to the left of the 'double-wide' relay (convertible top relay) on the rop row.
Good luck.

derb
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #6

Sorry to hear your still having trouble with your car. Sometimes it's best to have a fresh set of eyes look at the problem and I hope you can get it sorted out. Please let us know how it turns out.
wvicary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
Ray

I suppose I'd also let the mechanic know that you can read the codes and give him a list of the replaced parts. Best of luck to you and your sick baby, epecially in the Holiday season!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #8

BTW...

Thanks John for the DIY tips. I'm somewhat mechanical and was hoping to change the spark plugs next spring. My Bentley manual basically says to take out the spark plugs and then put the new ones in. I've been trying to figure out if I had to get at them from the top or below - didn't know I could attack from the side. Should be easy to accomplish with the proper knowledge.

Looking forward to learning more as you add items to the site. :dance:

Good luck with your codes. As a programmer, it's amazing what a 2nd set of eyes can see.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote