986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Up or Down? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8520-up-down.html)

C5150 12-08-2006 04:56 PM

Up or Down?

I don't know if it is due to the winter season bringing me down - or if it was too many Budweisers the other night.... but I got into a conversation, and am interested to hear your opinions:

When driving top down - do you ride with windows up, or windows down?

If you find this post ridiculous, please blame the Budweiser - not me!

- C5150

szentej 12-08-2006 05:03 PM

Windows Down

Otherwise, the people you pass won't hear your great sound system.

blinkwatt 12-08-2006 05:06 PM

Ok,I just came back from driving in top down 50 degree weather with the top down and windows up. If it's 60+ everything is down,60-50 the top is down with the windows up,50-40 the top is still down but window's are up,heather is on and the scarf & beenie are a must,40-30 top is finally put up,so are the windows and the heater is on. :cheers:

unklekraker 12-08-2006 05:11 PM

same as blink coz' that how NorCal rolls :D well, except if wifeys hair is fix or going on a dinner...then everything is up :o

blinkwatt 12-08-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
same as blink coz' that how NorCal rolls :D well, except if wifeys hair is fix or going on a dinner...then everything is up :o

Almost every chick I've taken out tried to save her hair while we cruise but it's no use,MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :troll:

*I can't remember the last time I drove the car with the top up,no joke.

Adam 12-08-2006 05:18 PM

Newsflash: It's not cool to ride with the top down and the windows up. :D

unklekraker 12-08-2006 05:22 PM

wifey's hair fix + top down = a 15 min drive feels forever...hehehehehe!

RandallNeighbour 12-08-2006 07:11 PM

First problem is that you are drinking Budweiser. There are zillions of beers out there to drink, and you really should try to expand your horizons and you'll never drink that piss again.

Drink a good beer and you'll know exactly when to keep the windows up or roll them down. It's akin to staying at a Holiday Inn.

djomlas 12-08-2006 07:24 PM

whatever way u like your windows dont drink and drive, no matter of ur beer prefrences. even though beer in general sux

Franco 12-08-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5150
I don't know if it is due to the winter season bringing me down - or if it was too many Budweisers the other night.... but I got into a conversation, and am interested to hear your opinions:

When driving top down - do you ride with windows up, or windows down?

If you find this post ridiculous, please blame the Budweiser - not me!

- C5150

If i drink to much beer or wine i prefer to drive with the windows down just in case i have to :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Kidding aside please don't drink and drive. ;)

C5150 12-08-2006 08:52 PM

Randall - I hear ya on the beer. Believe it or not, I preach the same thing. So here you go my friend.... :

No worry on my beer horizon, cause I am the real deal. Name your beast.... Mirror pond, terminator stout, hammerhead, dead guy ale.......

Christ... whether you're into a lighter love or your digin' the chunky goodness - I've ridin' them all like that "beer pig" of a beauty - she's the 2am winner - that last gal standing at the bar - she's ready and willing - the one your chubby buddy loves....

Try some blue boar, Heine's, pyramid, "rubinators," guinness, sam adams, moose drool, drop top, mack 'n' jacks, your favorite Belgium blend, fat (I call it "flat") tire, red hook, any ESB, or perhaps your into festive drink like the Juble Ale?

You name it - I've drank it. Fact is my friend - whether it's Bud or the ol' banquet coors - the piss beer IS the best "school night" drinkin in volume that won't kill the liver. The "buzz without the hangover" brew. Anyone have my back here?!

Now that I'm off my soap box - you are right. Budweiser sukz. And I agree with DJ - keep your drinkin' at home.

"To the hotel - to the motel - to the holiday inn..... SAY WHAT?! If your b**ch starts actin up.... then you f**k her friend."

FIG 12-08-2006 08:53 PM

Top down.....windows up!

(So I can still talk on the cell :p )

edevlin 12-09-2006 02:37 AM

I never drive with top down and windows up unless the wife is along for the ride. Its in the teens this morning and I am gettnig bundled up for a top down, windows down drive, oh what I would give for heated seats.....

Ed

:dance:

kabel 12-09-2006 04:19 AM

Around town commuting - top down passenger window up. On the expressway - generally top down with both windows up. Just cruising around town - top down, windows down. A configuration for every occasion :cool:

Grizzly 12-09-2006 09:17 AM

Top down, windows down. Any other way, you look like a girl.

unklekraker 12-09-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Top down, windows down. Any other way, you look like a girl.

whew..thank God I only drive that way when wifey is around..hehehehehe!

deliriousga 12-09-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
First problem is that you are drinking Budweiser. There are zillions of beers out there to drink, and you really should try to expand your horizons and you'll never drink that piss again.

Amen baby!!! I have to show my wife this post since she thinks I'm the only one who refers to Coors light as horse piss. :cheers:

bmussatti 12-09-2006 12:17 PM

With the top down, I have the windows in the up or down position depending on the speed I am traveling and air temp. At highway speeds on a cool day, windows are up. Low speeds aroung town, windows are down.

Chills 12-09-2006 12:30 PM

50 degrees is the magic number for me. When it's 50 I'll ride my Kawasaki and I'll drive my Boxster with the top down. I always drive with the windows down and before the recent snow storm I found the fun in driving with my wind deflector off.

DonaldLL 12-09-2006 02:22 PM

Top down = windows down

At first when my girlfriend rode with me she would put her window up so as to not mess up her hair. I guess she got tired of my complaining and explaining :matchup: 'cause now she ties it up and pins it down... we go topless and windowless. Never too cold for anything else in Miami but we have no hills, curves, or open spaces!