986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Ordered my 07 Box S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8514-ordered-my-07-box-s.html)

paulv 12-08-2006 08:41 AM

Ordered my 07 Box S

Ordered my first Porsche yesterday. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the great info you've provided -- it was a huge help in me getting educated quickly on these cars.

I'm looking forward to being part of the "family".

Regards,

paul....

unklekraker 12-08-2006 08:43 AM

Right on, Paul!congrats :)
so when is the delivery date?
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulv
Ordered my first Porsche yesterday. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the great info you've provided -- it was a huge help in me getting educated quickly on these cars.

Regards,

paul....

Pilot2519j 12-08-2006 09:45 AM

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations may you enjoy as much as I do daily. Don't make it into a garage queen. :dance:

djomlas 12-08-2006 09:49 AM

congrats man

BobMarley1 12-08-2006 10:33 AM

Congrats

Nice little Holiday present!!!

jeffsquire 12-08-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Regards,

paul....

Tell us a little about it. Color, top, interior, rims. . . .

paulv 12-08-2006 03:51 PM

More info that I should have posted originally

Sorry I neglected to add this info.

The car will be delivered in the end of march - early April timeframe. I really didn't want to deal with a new car with the New England winters -- I want to first learn how to drive the car and then tackle the snow. The car will be my daily driver -- I'm giving my 03 MB E320 to my wife (that's how she allowed me to buy the Box!!).

I got the standard wheels, sand beige interior, colbalt blue exterior, hardtop, windstop, bi-xenon (my eyes are getting old), wheel caps, blue softtop, heated seats, and a fire extinguisher (in case I want to play at the track to minimize my speed anxieties and speeding tickets). I would have like the self-dimming mirrors but that's coupled with the rain sensor -- I have the rain sensor in the MB and hate it although the dealer tried to adjust it a few times.

When it comes, I'm taking a vacation day and going to Zaino the car!!

Regards,
paul...

C5150 12-08-2006 04:32 PM

Congrats - I hope that March/April comes quickly for you.

- C5150

bmussatti 12-08-2006 06:12 PM

Paul:

Your car sounds awesome! Cobalt Blue is a great color. It will look great with the Sand Beige leather and Metropol Blue Top.

Have you considered the Painted Roll Bar option? That would look great in your color. Option code XMK- $535.

PS- my wife drives a 2001 MB E320 4-Matic!

Here is a little teaser:

paulv 12-08-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Paul:

Your car sounds awesome! Cobalt Blue is a great color. It will look great with the Sand Beige leather and Metropol Blue Top.

Have you considered the Painted Roll Bar option? That would look great in your color. Option code XMK- $535.

PS- my wife drives a 2001 MB E320 4-Matic!

Here is a little teaser:

Thanks. I thought about the painted roll bar and also some of the interior parts, but it quickly started to add up and I wanted to stay within my (our) budget, so I didn't do it.

Regards,
paul...

paulv 12-08-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5150
Congrats - I hope that March/April comes quickly for you.

- C5150

Thanks, and I hope it does also even though I don't like wishing my life away.

Regards,

paul...

bmussatti 12-08-2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks. I thought about the painted roll bar and also some of the interior parts, but it quickly started to add up and I wanted to stay within my (our) budget, so I didn't do it.

Regards,
paul...

Ahhhh yes, the 'ol "kid in the candy shop" paradox!! :) Been there...done that! This process takes a ton of restraint. Good for you.