Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #1

Cheapest Hunter Balancing in Toronto Canada? Dealer wants $320 now!!!

(I posted this message on PPBB, but looking for more feedback...)

I took my 987 to a few regular shops with standard balancers in the past, but none have got rid of my slight vibrations that appear over 115km/h. Apparently the hunter road force will, but everyone wants a fortune to balance my tires on it. $320 at DTFC or PAFF is too much in my opinion.

I live in Central Toronto Yonge and Bloor, looking for the closest place with this equipment thaqt will work on a Porsche (a lot of shops refuse when I called various dealerships).

If there is nothing in my area, is they any regular recommended garages that do a decent job in the area...??

yleiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #2

How many km's are on your car? I should think the dealer would balance them free of charge as a good will jester. My local Canadian Tire has a Hunter machine if you'd trust them with your car.
wvicary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #3

Phone around. You'd be surprised.

In my city, there's a chain called "OK Tire" which on the surface appears to be a low-rent outfit yet they had a Hunter as well a laser wheel alignment bay.

Also, and surprisingly, a local Chevy dealer has one. When I asked why, they said sometimes the Corvettes are picky about balancing.

The Chevy dealer did all 4 wheels for me $60 CDN before taxes!

socratic is offline   Reply With Quote