986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Finally bought one ! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8418-finally-bought-one.html)

Allen K. Littlefield 11-30-2006 05:26 PM

Finally bought one !

Well I put a depsoit on an '02, Arctic Silver/graphite grey interior/black top, 2.7, Tip with 35k and Porsche certified 100k or two year warranty. Drove it hot around a tight corner and it was flat as a pancake and not a sound from the tires, much better than my 911sc and that was a good car. Moves out quite smartly for a 2.7 with Tip so I am sure I can get into a lot of trouble right quick (as my southern bred wife would say). Now thanks to this and the PPBB I have a laundry list of mods to make on the poor thing............the madness begins.............

Allen NY

z12358 11-30-2006 05:41 PM

Congrats Allen, welcome to the club!
Pics, please.

Allen K. Littlefield 11-30-2006 05:49 PM

Pics please

Thanks and will do pics when I can. Won't pick it up till next weekend as they are repainting the front bumper because of a small gouge in drivers side. Can't be Porsche Certified if it has any cometic issues. Plus the warranty gives me peace of mind what with all the blown engine etc. problems that show up on the various boards.

Allen NY

bmussatti 11-30-2006 06:06 PM

I love how many posts are titled..."Finally Bought One!"

Congrats, Allen, and welcome!!

djomlas 11-30-2006 07:37 PM

welcome to the club man, congradulations and please post pics when u get a chance.

MNBoxster 11-30-2006 07:55 PM

Hi,

Congrats! Good Luck with it...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

jeffsquire 12-01-2006 06:37 AM

Welcome aboard and make sure to show us your new baby!

Sammy 12-01-2006 07:17 AM

Congratulations!

The best mod you can do is what bmusatti mentioned in another post somewhere, buy a melon protector (AKA a helmet) and go run some autocrosses (PCA or SCCA have a bunch every year). I don't think there is a better way to safely take advantage of what Porsche designed into the Boxster! After you get some driving under the belt and do a ton of searching this forum, you'll be able to really understand/appreciate the mods available for this car. :)

Allen K. Littlefield 12-01-2006 08:05 AM

Dirvers Ed.

Thanks for the tip. I have been a PCA memeber since '88 when I bought our first Porsche, a '83 911SC. I seriously lightened this car by removing ac from rear along with replaceing cast headers with SSI heat exchangers. Few other mods including a light weight front and rear bumper with a FGlass ducktail. I managed to hustle it around Lime Rock in 1"5sec on well worn Brigdestone RE71 DOT street tires. I imagine what it will be like to take the Boxster out on the track. I know the few tight corners I took in testing were astonishingly flat and quick. I think I just fell in love with another car !! <:o)

Allen NYT

Sammy 12-01-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Thanks for the tip. I have been a PCA memeber since '88 when I bought our first Porsche, a '83 911SC. I seriously lightened this car by removing ac from rear along with replaceing cast headers with SSI heat exchangers. Few other mods including a light weight front and rear bumper with a FGlass ducktail. I managed to hustle it around Lime Rock in 1"5sec on well worn Brigdestone RE71 DOT street tires. I imagine what it will be like to take the Boxster out on the track. I know the few tight corners I took in testing were astonishingly flat and quick. I think I just fell in love with another car !! <:o)

Allen NYT

Okay... maybe you already know a thing or two about driving a car at its limits... ;)

z12358 12-01-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield

Allen NYT

Yawn... Yet another driver "in the know" falling in love with the Box. Joking, of course. Always good to hear a Box praise from a Driver. What group are you running with at DE? I only managed to do couple of DE days at LimeRock this (my first) season and it was a blast. (Sep 15 & 16, were you there?) Of course, I was/am Green.

Z.

Allen K. Littlefield 12-01-2006 12:12 PM

De

That was one minute and five seconds, looked like one and a half seconds <G>! I run in the white group which I think is proabably the most agressive group in the lot as a lot of aspiring Black and Red group drivers are out trying to prove themselves.

I am still too chicken to not brake on the diveing turn but I held my breath and did not break for the back climbing turn which was quite an experience and I am here to tell the tale. I only spun out once on the left hander and that was a dumb move on my part to cut in tighter after not setting up the turn correctly, so I took a little agricultural ride out on the lawn. Haven't been out for a couple of years but will have to take the Box out for at least one spin.

boxsterx 12-02-2006 12:20 PM

welcome and congratulations on the purchase! :dance: