Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2023, 08:12 AM   #1

Boxster 2002 jerking on 1st gear

own a 2002 Boxster ( base model ) but the car jerks on 1st gear when i accelerate up to 10 mph and i stop pressing the the accelerator and press it again it jerks it also jerks when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear i change the Mass air flow sensor nothing happen I also clean the throttle body I don't know if i need to replace it when it jerks the engine light lights up and the codes are P2270 ( Ho2S ) sensor but i don't know if it could be that HELP PLEASE !!!!

Jonathan 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 08:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan 21 View Post
own a 2002 Boxster ( base model ) but the car jerks on 1st gear when i accelerate up to 10 mph and i stop pressing the the accelerator and press it again it jerks it also jerks when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear i change the Mass air flow sensor nothing happen I also clean the throttle body I don't know if i need to replace it when it jerks the engine light lights up and the codes are P2270 ( Ho2S ) sensor but i don't know if it could be that HELP PLEASE !!!!
P2270 indicates an overly lean condition on one bank, it sounds like you have a vacuum leak, which could also be your drivability problem....
Old 06-30-2023, 06:11 PM   #3

what are my are my options in this situation ?
Jonathan 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 10:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan 21 View Post
what are my are my options in this situation ?
Find the intake system leak and fix it. A smoke test would probably be the quickest way to find it.

Tags
jerking car