Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2023, 08:29 PM   #1

Question Secondary Air Pump Relay Schematics

Hi,

I just got a 99' Boxster!

Slight problem with the air system. I'm troubleshooting the P0410/0411 issue and I want to check the Relay but I cant find any proper schematics. I want to find the +/- pins so I don't fry it while trying to figure it out.

bbcline1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 05:31 AM   #2

If your pump comes on at start it is not a relay or pump problem. You can hear it. My car is getting those codes also. There are a couple of valves that can be at fault, or a vacuum leak. let us know what you find.
wiebuschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:25 AM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I agree with wiebuschk. Most likely not an electrical problem. The vacuum hoses are usually brittle and break easily. The vacuum reservoirs have reached an age where many of them are starting to crack and leak.

Here's some pics to help:

Old 05-29-2023, 09:24 PM   #4

The relay looked like it had some heat damage on one of the pins. I checked it with a multimeter and also followed the porsche technical manual to troubleshoot it, all signs pointed to the relay. I replaced it and cleared the fault and i havent had a check engine light yet.

Last edited by bbcline1991; 05-29-2023 at 09:36 PM.
bbcline1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p0410 , relay , secondary air injection