Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2023, 10:45 AM   #1

Garage
987 Seats: Look good or out of place?

As the title states. I have seen a few pics online, but curious if anyone has seen them in person installed on a 986. It is much cheaper to swap the seats than have my originals reupholstered with matching leather. (Not considering Lseat right now) The 987 headrests are taller and more of a rectangular shape. Do they look weird next to the 986 roll hoops? Do they interfere with the roll hoops? I don't want to swap the seats and have them look strange or out of place. My main concern is aesthetics. I look forward to feedback from the group.

EB_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 05:29 AM   #2

They do hit the roll bar and unless there's a solution I haven't found it's probably going to result in me pulling my 987 seats out of my 986. It makes it difficult to use the recline adjustment when the seat is at the proper height for me, perhaps somebody much taller would not have this issue because they would have the seat lower. They are comfortable and they look good but I tend to play with the recline adjustment while I'm driving and I'm not sure I'm ready to give that up. Just my two cents.

Josdek is offline   Reply With Quote