986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   pre-purchase car inspection in Long Island..? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/83104-pre-purchase-car-inspection-long-island.html)

Gilles 03-06-2023 06:57 PM

pre-purchase car inspection in Long Island..?

Note: Just thinking loud at this moment, testing the waters to see if someone here 'May' be able to help.. Is Not a 986, actually is not even a Porsche... it is a 2004 Volvo V70 wagon with 40k miles..

I love these things (on my fourth one) and use it as a daily driver but cannot justify to fly to Long Island just to check out a car, it's being offer by a dealer but will need for someone to physically stop by the dealer and do a close inspection for sub-frame rust corrosion, and general chassis hardware.

I am willing to pay a couple hundred for an hour or so (if you are local), and I have Not contacted the dealer but will ask them to put the wagon on a lift and remove the wheels for close inspection.

Am I nuts? My wife thinks so..LOL

Starter986 03-07-2023 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilles (Post 651561)
Note: Just thinking loud at this moment, testing the waters to see if someone here 'May' be able to help.. Is Not a 986, actually is not even a Porsche... it is a 2004 Volvo V70 wagon with 40k miles..

I love these things (on my fourth one) and use it as a daily driver but cannot justify to fly to Long Island just to check out a car, it's being offer by a dealer but will need for someone to physically stop by the dealer and do a close inspection for sub-frame rust corrosion, and general chassis hardware.

I am willing to pay a couple hundred for an hour or so (if you are local), and I have Not contacted the dealer but will ask them to put the wagon on a lift and remove the wheels for close inspection.

Am I nuts? My wife thinks so..LOL

If no one from the forum pipes up... check Craigslist for that local NY area and commission a mobile mechanic to give it an inspection. :cheers:

Gilles 03-08-2023 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starter986 (Post 651568)
If no one from the forum pipes up... check Craigslist for that local NY area and commission a mobile mechanic to give it an inspection. :cheers:

Thanks for the suggestion! The inspection I wanted to do was Not for the mechanical portion, I just wanted someone to check for corrosion and rust, as you know in SoCal we are spoiled by mostly rust free cars and many cars that are above the rust belt states, have issues due to the salt they use on the roads that cause cancer.. :(

Hello.AmeerM 04-01-2023 12:35 AM

As long as it's at a dealership and not a sketchy neighborhood lol, I can help. PM and we can go over what you need pictures of, appointment time, etc.