986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   hard start at all times ! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/83103-hard-start-all-times.html)

jaimster 03-06-2023 05:52 PM

hard start at all times !

hey Guys,
lately I'm not driving my baby (01' 2.7 Boxster) that often. have two other vehicles that I use back and forth to work. was mostly driving it on weekends sometimes.

couple of day ago I tried to start it - It would just crank NO START - did notice the temperature gauge light continuously flashing. could this be related or just two different issues??
I have notice NOW I can get it start it by pressing the gas pedal all the way along with the clutch ...

checked the coolant level looks pretty good so NOT sure where I read IT MAY BE THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR causing issues to start - just ordered one.

what else should be looking at?? oh, yea NO CEL at all.

fuel injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs were replaced 5 years ago when I bought it ...!!!

:rolleyes:

Smallblock454 03-08-2023 03:21 PM

Battery is OK?

Do you have the possibility to read the cars DTC codes?

joeta4 03-09-2023 04:45 AM

perhaps clutch interlock switch?

jaimster 03-27-2023 02:17 PM

hey guys
did not realize any body had responded I apologize .

so this is what I had found bad : coolant sensor wires appear cut - probably an animal as a squirrel or rat might have done the damage . sensor replaced with wires .

previously I hade mistakenly removed the air hoses / intake chasing the sensor thinking it would be under the intake BIG MISTAKE ! now the car starts however it dies after a few seconds . actually I did also replaced The MAF sensor thinking it would solve this issue IT does stay a bit longer however it does sound pretty ROUGH and now I m getting all kinds of misfires

blue62 03-29-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimster (Post 652007)
hey guys
did not realize any body had responded I apologize .

so this is what I had found bad : coolant sensor wires appear cut - probably an animal as a squirrel or rat might have done the damage . sensor replaced with wires .

previously I hade mistakenly removed the air hoses / intake chasing the sensor thinking it would be under the intake BIG MISTAKE ! now the car starts however it dies after a few seconds . actually I did also replaced The MAF sensor thinking it would solve this issue IT does stay a bit longer however it does sound pretty ROUGH and now I m getting all kinds of misfires

What brand of MAF sensor did you use??
Did you get the car running???

Hello.AmeerM 03-31-2023 11:04 PM

from the mike focke site regarding bosch P/N for your car: "0.280.218.055

Sometimes sold as B3130-160651"

also unplug the maf and see if it starts, and definitely clean our throttle body.