986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Anyone else have a CRSpotless? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8302-anyone-else-have-crspotless.html)

ricklin 11-22-2006 03:57 PM

Anyone else have a CRSpotless?

Saw an ad for this device in my local Porsche club newsletter, went to their website a few times, and finally deceided to spend the money.
WWW.crspotless.com

It's basically a big double cartridge water deionizer. Plumb a garden hose in to one side, garden hose out to hose end sprayer for rinse water. 0 TDS rinse water no water spots! at all, period. Rinse and walk away.

Really big deal for me as the only place I have to wash my cars is in the sun. Hard to get the car dry quick enough.

I figure it comes out to about 25 - 30 cents per gallon for the deionized water. But at most using a pressure washer you only use a gallon or two to rinse the car.
The cartridges are supposed to last for 300 gals. of water. I'm quoting the cost for supplies here, they have different sizes of deionizers.

I have no interest in this company (wish I did) just a satisfied customer.

Saves me a lot of time keeping the fleet clean, I love this thing.

Grizzly 11-22-2006 04:19 PM

I don't have one but I've been looking at them. We have well water with very high mineral content. Keeping the cars nice is twice as hard as it was when we had city water.

Frankly, I haven't bought one of these because I didn't know if they really worked. Now I know. Thanks.

CJ_Boxster 11-22-2006 04:20 PM

It would last longer if you wet the car with just tap water then used the filter to rinse the soap off.

I Had the Mr's Clean version and it worked well except the cartidge was only good for less than 10 washes... Have they made an upgrade for it yet?

Raybox 11-22-2006 05:33 PM

The folks were at Germanfest in Ventura, CA this year. They gave discounts and free shipping so I jumped. Mainly for the latest acquisition, '07 Ford F250 diesel, huge beast. But nice to have for the rest of the vehicles also.

z12358 11-22-2006 06:19 PM

ricklin, Grizz --

You can see water-spots on your white/silver cars?

Grizzly 11-22-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z12358
ricklin, Grizz --

You can see water-spots on your white/silver cars?

Z,

When I say I have bad water, I mean I have bad water. Keeping the cars nice is not easy at all. I wash them indoors and still have difficulty with deposits. The silver car doesn't look bad unless you get down and look across the paint. Then, yes, you can see the water spots. The picture below is what I did to the rear window of my Mach 1 before I realized how bad the water really is. Nothing will take this damage out. Not even heavy glass polish and a Makita buffer. I need to find a new rear window with the defroster wires. No easy task.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...1/DSC00342.jpg

z12358 11-22-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Z,

When I say I have bad water, I mean I have bad water. Keeping the cars nice is not easy at all. I wash them indoors and still have difficulty with deposits. The silver car doesn't look bad unless you get down and look across the paint. Then, yes, you can see the water spots. The picture below is what I did to the rear window of my Mach 1 before I realized how bad the water really is. Nothing will take this damage out. Not even heavy glass polish and a Makita buffer. I need to find a new rear window with the defroster wires. No easy task.

Grizz, that's bad, I agree. I also wash my black Box with well-water and there are water spots but they are gone after a quick wipe on/off with Meguiars NXT spray wax. The car being new, it remains to be seen if there will be cummulative effects of the deposits over time. I too may need to consider water softening solutions like this one. Glad to see that it works.

Z.

ricklin 11-23-2006 09:03 AM

Hard Water

I didn't mention it in my first post, but along with having to wash in the sun my water tests about 350 ppm total dissolved solids (TDS)

That's hard water.

I do initial rinse and wash with tap water. I use my pressure washer with a 25 degree nozzle and held back away from the car for a quick deionized rinse. The pressure washer also helps control the water flow through the system, the dionizer works best with less than 2 gallon per minute flowrate.

I too used the mister clean thing, I'll sell it at my garage sale. After 3 carwash's with my water the spray was really wimpy, just didn't have the capacity.

I swear my cars almost have a 'glow' to them using this water. It's just totally 'dead" water no nuthin in it.

I'm doing my house windows this weekend.