986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   OH Lunch Gathering (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8267-oh-lunch-gathering.html)

RandallNeighbour 11-19-2006 12:53 PM

OH Lunch Gathering

Well, I'm now sitting in the Columbus airport waiting for my flight home to hot and humid Houston. I met up with MikenOH, OhioBoxster and Der Geist today for lunch. Below is a lousy phone picture I took of us after lunch so you can see what they look like.

Also had a spirited ride in OhioBoxster's SC'd 2.5 ... He took it to 6k in every gear and when he upshifted, the force slammed me back in my seat! It felt as if he had put a completely different and much larger engine in the car, at just 5 psi boost.

Now I have what I need emotionally to save every penny and get an SC kit for my boxster. With this kind of power, one could theoretically, of course win most any road race with Mustangs, 350z's etc. LOTS more power in every gear.

unklekraker 11-19-2006 01:25 PM

so who's who on where they sitting...so i could faces @ their name :)

Boxtaboy 11-19-2006 01:41 PM

Great to see you boxster buds getting together! Ok, now you got me thinking about that SC kit. Can it be done for a 2.7L? :D

boggtown 11-19-2006 02:49 PM

Ohoibox is the big guy, lol. Im guessing randal is the guy with his wife, and der geist is the one at the end of the table. And yes, 2.7's have SC'ers

jeffsquire 11-19-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Well, I'm now sitting in the Columbus airport waiting for my flight home to hot and humid Houston. I met up with MikenOH, OhioBoxster and Der Geist today for lunch. Below is a lousy phone picture I took of us after lunch so you can see what they look like.

Also had a spirited ride in OhioBoxster's SC'd 2.5 ... He took it to 6k in every gear and when he upshifted, the force slammed me back in my seat! It felt as if he had put a completely different and much larger engine in the car, at just 5 psi boost.

Now I have what I need emotionally to save every penny and get an SC kit for my boxster. With this kind of power, one could theoretically, of course win most any road race with Mustangs, 350z's etc. LOTS more power in every gear.

MikenOH 11-19-2006 05:30 PM

I'm in the right front with my wife next to me..

Der Geist is across from me; Randall is next to my wife.

It was great fun; a long drive for sure from where we got together but a pretty unique setting. I hope to see DerGeist and OhioBoxster either at Mid-Ohio or Nelsons Ledges next year.

RandallNeighbour 11-19-2006 06:19 PM

Mike, the way it reads forum members will think I am the good looking guy on the right and that's YOU. I was taking the picture and not in that shot.

No one needs to see a fat, middle aged balding guy anyway. Use your imagination.

unklekraker 11-19-2006 07:16 PM

that pretty cool...meeting a forum members from out of state! hopefully someday I could do the same. So if anyone that is heading to SF Airport(45mins away) or San Jose airport (15mins away)...let me know, Im up to meet any forum member :cheers:

ohioboxster 11-19-2006 09:50 PM

My wife and I enjoyed meeting everyone and Der geist again. Randall I had no idea you had such a good sense of humor, you crack me up. Im glad you liked the ride. Its a little nerve racking taking someone I've never met before for a ride like that in the rain,lol. Mike, your wife likes to race? Sweet.
We are going to take you up on that trip to Cleveland DG.

Oh yea, +2 SC

Edit

Well I was hoping Randall would tell the story because words just flow magicaly from his finger tips. Guess not, I will tell you what happened.....We were all sitting there enjoying conversation and a nice lunch buffet when all of the sudden
BOOM BOOM!! . Startled, all of us jumped up and ran outside....there is was. My Porsche along with Der Geists had spontaneously exploded. Unfreakin believeable I know. Luckily for us the fry cook moonlights as a Porsche mechanic he had us on our way in no time.

+3 SC

RandallNeighbour 11-20-2006 06:36 AM

Matt, please remind me to have a Tshirt made up for you for a Christmas present. It will have four words on the front:

I MAKE STUFF UP

ohioboxster 11-20-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Matt, please remind me to have a Tshirt made up for you for a Christmas present. It will have four words on the front:

I MAKE STUFF UP

Ok OK you got me. Our cars didnt spontaneously explode it was the intermediate shafts.
+4 SC

Ray 11-20-2006 12:15 PM

Count me in! I live 60 mins from Toledo in Michigan. I'd like the turnpike drive to Cleveland. Ever been to the "Cabin Club" on the west side? Great testaurant. Anyways, please post or pm me if you guys do it again. There's a guy in Windsor, ON who may like to join up too.

Regards,
Ray

der Geist 11-21-2006 06:55 AM

It was great meeting with everyone! I think that these kinds of meetings between members should happen more often. As I told Matt-it's great to be able to talk to someone about our cars and not have em give us the "deer in the headlights" stare. Maybe we can get a mini PCA going on here (the 911 owners can call it an "entry level" Porsche club) ..http://www.986forum.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif... I was especially impressed with Mike and his charming wife Rita being the racing couple. The family that races together....Randall-you're a perfect southern gentleman. Except for that scam web site you got-I'm still a little out on that one (lol!). And of course Matt is now gonna be known as the board BSer. His wife's wonderful personality makes up for it though. Get on it Matt and teach her how to race that Porsche!!! Look forward to seeing you guys in Clevo town soon. PM me with a time when your schedules are clear. Mike-Great choice in the restaurant. A little out of the way but well worth it. Look forward to seeing you both on the track as well.