Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #1

godd@mn haters .. *rant*

Normally I park the box inside the garage. Yesterday, I was tired and lazy so instead of pulling into the garage, I left it on the street, thinking I would go somewhere in about 2 hours. Left it at 7PM. Came back at 9PM to find that the side facing the street, the driver side, got soda'ed.

Some f*cker thought it was a good idea to throw their 1/2 finished cup of soda at my car. When I saw it, there was soda all over the door, the window, fender, hood and even some on the ragtop. The empty plastic cup was on the ground next to my wheels, but the damn straw was on the hood.

Luckily it was a cold night so the soda didnt dry at all. I immediatly rinsed her off with water and was going to wash her today but it rained. Guess I'll do it tomorrow.

I was parallel parked with cars infront AND behind me, so I can only guess as to WHY they targetted my car.

Damn vandals. Whats next? Throwing soda CANS?

Anything similar happened to anyone? Would love to hear some similar story.

PS. I have no idea who it is, so please save the .. "I would find out who it was and [insert violent act here] " comments for another thread.

vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:10 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
People do things out of anger,anger stems from jealousy.....

Hopefully no damage was caused.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijen6
Normally I park the box inside the garage. PS. I have no idea who it is, so please save the .. "I would find out who it was and [insert violent act here] " comments for another thread.
3. It just shows how much people really like your car!
4. you'll learn a lesson about where to park it next time. :dance:
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
I feel your pain

A few months back while leaving a local night club I had soda/alcohol thrown at my car (top was down) as well as my sisters Range Rover, and my cousins S500 MBZ. We were all leaving together to go to a local deli in the area and these stupid punks thought it would be hilarious to throw their soda/alcohol on our cars. One guy threw a bottle on top of my sisters car that just shattered. It dented the top and chipped the paint.

People are just stupid, I don't understand how you can have fun at the expense of someone else. Cost $1300 to repair the Range Rover, and I had my car and the MBZ detailed for another few hundred dollars.

Its a crappy feeling I tell you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Hopefully there was no damage done to your car Vijen
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #5

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

No damage was done. As far as I can tell. The whole time I was rinsing the soda off, I was inspecting for dent marks. Glad to say none was found. I cant imagine how I would feel if they used a soda can instead of a plastic cup. I guess I was lucky in that sense. It still peeved me off more than it should have though because I just spent hours washing it about 2 days before.

As for Trigem, wow .. ur top was down .. that really really sucked .. any damage other than the obvious time spent wiping things up?

Just curious, since this happened when you guys were in the car leaving the club. Didnt you see who it was that threw it?

$1300+ is alot of money to spend on someone else's stupidity.

Last edited by vijen6; 11-11-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

No damage was done. As far as I can tell. The whole time I was rinsing the soda off, I was inspecting for dent marks. Glad to say none was found. I cant imagine how I would feel if they used a soda can instead of a plastic cup. I guess I was lucky in that sense. It still peeved me off more than it should have though because I just spent hours washing it about 2 days before.

As for Trigem, wow .. ur top was down .. that really really sucked .. any damage other than the obvious time spent wiping things up?

Just curious, since this happened when you guys were in the car leaving the club. Didnt you see who it was that threw it?

$1300+ is alot of money to spend on someone else's stupidity.

Oh ya, we definitely saw who it was. Apparently it was the same guys who had hit on my sister and cousins earlier that night.

I was pissed and thought about going back, but we had 3 cars, and a bunch of girls with us. On top of all things, do you really want to start something with some drunk punks at a night club 1am? If we went back i think it would have ended worse than it did.

Its the price you pay for playing the game i guess.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 PM   #7

Yep. Things could have definately escalated if you went back in. Never what a drunk punk will have with him @ 1AM, or even where all of his homies are. Sounds like you made the smart choice and left.

After I hear this though, I actually think he might have thought your sister / cousin decided to hooked up with you instead of him, so he decided to give some 'payback'. What a loser.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:44 AM   #8

Smile

There was a time when cops could nightstick these punks on the thighs a few times so that they might think twice about doing this kind of crap again.

Alas, the ACLU took care of this sort of interim justice.

Too bad IMHO.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:57 AM   #9
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Sorry to hear man. I've never had any vandalism problems here in New York. Folks here don't even bother wasting their time with petty things like that. And if they are gonna do damage to your car, it's because they want to get something out of it... ie. take your litronic headlights or cut into your top to steal your windstop or radar.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:19 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i definitely would have gone back and just waited to see what car they go into and show them what real damage looks like.

this is what happened to me:
i was at school, and had about an hour or so between the classes, and when i came back i parked my car, went to class only to find out that it was caceled, get back to my car, and see a huge dent on the quaterpanel witha foot imprint on it, and some blue stuff around it(that was from a blue baseball bat, there was some chips under the car with the logo). never found out who did it...damn as$holes
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #11

aye, vijen! sorry to hear that, dude! just keep your cool..you know how sometimes teenager in our area gets bored! like what everyone say's...at least you are okay!

off topic! dude, where have you been...you disappeared

k.i.t...
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #12
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer
I drove my 04S to my office for the first time on Friday. My wife and I work in the same office and we received multiple compliments. (We both normally drive company cars). I just had the bumpers painted two weeks ago, in turn, someone kicked the rear bumper. I noticed the black rubber sole mark as soon as I walked up to car (it buffed out). Risky move on the offenders part, if I happened to see them, I certainly would have put them to sleep, regardless of the consequence. Positive or negative, it is my nature. Out of the 200 people in this office location, there is maybe 3 field employees that would let their jealousy and frustration get the best of them.

On a positive note, I benched pressed a new one time Max on Saturday. Maybe the two are related....hmmm.

Breezer
Orange County, CA
2004S
2005 AMG
Just an interesting observation- seems like from reading this and other threads that there's a lot of folks in California who have to deal with vandalism due to plain ole jealousy, and folks in Florida have to deal with litronic happy Xenon light theives. As mentioned in my earlier post, I've never once had anyone scratch or throw stuff at or in my car in all the years I've parked my car in the street when out at night or at malls in the tri-state area here. I have heard of break ins to take stuff though.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #13

Doesn't happen just to Boxsters. When I bought mine a year ago I parked my "for sale" Mustang on the street in front of my house. Somebody uprooted some Xmas decorations in the neighborhood and proceeded to bash the outside rearview mirrors off the car...$650.00. Really be cool to catch these types. The car was perfect before this incident but it was easy to repair quickly and I did sell the car. I just don't get the reasons idiots do this stuff.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i just hope that their cars one day get messed up, they will soon remember our cars, veryyyy soon.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #15

Today was a beautiful day, atleast in the morn. Gave her a nice long suddy bath, dried her off, and took her for a long drive with the top down. All is good in the world again.

=]

Unklekraker, I have just been insanely busy with work the past few weeks. Did you make it to the driving clinics? You know my phone #. Give me a ring if you want to go for a drive sometime.

Last edited by vijen6; 11-12-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #16

these people are morons. they'll never have a decent car, decent job, or decent life. some will end up getting raped in prison or suffer brain damage in a fight with a thug. some end up homeless and hopelessly addicted to something that slowly kills them. their own Karma evens things out. it's no wonder they lash out on their way down.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #17

dude, been calling your house but it's been busy all the time! I didn't make it to the clinic but i went to the other one, from Redwood City to Napa and went to Hwy. 9/Skyline the week before...if weather is good next weekend, lets go for a drive in Skyline dr....I'll PM you my number but call me later after i take my nap...hahahahaha!

Quote:
Today was a beautiful day, atleast in the morn. Gave her a nice long suddy bath, dried her off, and took her for a long drive with the top down. All is good in the world again.

=]

Unklekraker, I have just been insanely busy with work the past few weeks. Did you make it to the driving clinics? You know my phone #. Give me a ring if you want to go for a drive sometime.
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild1poet2
these people are morons. they'll never have a decent car, decent job, or decent life. some will end up getting raped in prison or suffer brain damage in a fight with a thug. some end up homeless and hopelessly addicted to something that slowly kills them. their own Karma evens things out. it's no wonder they lash out on their way down.

I never park my car in a public street unless I'm within seeing distance.
If your going to park in the parking garage always tip the valet before and check your BOX before you drive out.
If idiot tale gates I usually spray them with my windshield wiper cleaner.

I drive in the in New York City and its a jungle: look out for crazy bus drivers, yellow taxis will cut you off, New Jersey drivers(the worst), tire breaker pot holes, upper east side drunks, wangstas, black Escalades, vintage bikers double parked limos, bone thin models hailing for a cab in the middle of the street, white stretch hummers, frustrated tunnel cops, Con Edison, brown UPS trucks, delivery boy going the wrong way again, 6 pm midtown traffic, west side hos, red fire trucks, ambulances,racing in the FDR drive and on and on.

flaunt your Porsche!
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #19

my earlier post disappeared but Soda pop (as they say on the left coast) should be washed ASAP and some paint polish applied as well.

I don't know what is worse coca cola or bird bombs.

Did you ever see that thing where they put a piece of steak in a tank full of coca cola? By the end of the week half the steak was gone.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #20

Did you ever see that thing where they put a piece of steak in a tank full of coca cola? By the end of the week half the steak was gone.[/QUOTE]

Just think what it would do back in the day when Coke used to have coke in it???

This kinda stuff must be going around, some (**&^%(*&% hit my car last weekend, i have no idea when, where, who...light damage but man it makes me mad....

IowaS is offline   Reply With Quote