Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #1

Center dash trim below center vents in an 04?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what this component is? I am looking to purchase this car and wondering if I put in touchscreen conversion, it will be covered up. I've googled some images and it looks like there is a black strip with an emblem of a seat or something on the right hand side.

Any ideas on what the part number is or a description? I've exhausted my abilities looking online the last few days and thought maybe someone on here would know off the top of their heads.

Thanks for any help!

jconradtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
That is a terrible cup holder. Mine stays stuck shut most of the time, but when I have used it, I realized that it was put there by the Germans to punish Americans for having the nerve to try drinking liquids while driving a sports car.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #3

Garage
You can move things around (move heater control down etc) and you can install a double din and keep the cup holder.
My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:00 PM   #4

There was someone either on this forum or one of the Boxster Facebook groups who was selling 3D printed replacement trim for those cupholders.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
There was someone either on this forum or one of the Boxster Facebook groups who was selling 3D printed replacement trim for those cupholders.
I will have to look into that myself. Mine needs replacing.

Cheers

My Beast 2004 Boxster SE #0174
- 3.8 with all the internal goodies, Under-mount Pulley, IPD Plenum, 996 Intake, Softronic Tune, 987 Factory Sport Exhaust, skid plates, IMS solution, Ohlins R&T, RSS Toe Links, Camber Plates, Michelin Pilot Super Sport on all 4 corners, Alpine Double Din c/w new speakers & amps.
Muskoka Minute is offline   Reply With Quote