986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Signature Pics Limit (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8143-signature-pics-limit.html)

z12358 11-10-2006 02:32 AM

Signature Pics Limit

Bruce,

I propose to limit the pictures in everyone's signature to one, and a small one, at that (say, 2"x2" max). While I understand that most here are very proud of their rides, it gets tiring to roll down one-liner posts followed by many large photos (in two rows) of a Box that I've already seen dosens of times in the same thread. Sigs are just that -- sigs, not albums -- and they should take up max 20% of the thread's content. Just my opinion.

Z.

unklekraker 11-10-2006 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z12358
Bruce,

I propose to limit the pictures in everyone's signature to one, and a small one, at that (say, 2"x2" max). While I understand that most here are very proud of their rides, it gets tiring to roll down one-liner posts followed by many large photos (in two rows) of a Box that I've already seen dosens of times in the same thread. Sigs are just that -- sigs, not albums -- and they should take up max 20% of the thread's content. Just my opinion.

Z.

YOU MEAN THIS ONE....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p :cheers: :D

z12358 11-10-2006 06:26 AM

That'd be a good example. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
YOU MEAN THIS ONE....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p :cheers: :D

unklekraker 11-10-2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

That'd be a good example. :)

point well taken and respected.....as soon as the crowd said take it out or Bruce, I will take one of them out :dance: but isn't as bad as a sig w/ all their mods proudly done with their car? w/c "I Love to read all the time"

If there's one thing to blame...blame NickCats for showing me how to put sig....ahahahahaha! j/k, Nick :D :D

z12358 11-10-2006 07:07 AM

Personally, before I do something, I ask myself how things would turn out if everyone did the same. If I like the outcome, and I believe that others may not object, then I do it. You either prefer that everyone fits many large photos in their sigs, or you don't. If you do, then we should really discuss how clarity and brevity would suffer if everyone had photo albums in their sigs. If you don't, it's a bit selfish to be allowing yourself something that you'd prefer others didn't do.

Z.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unklekraker
point well taken and respected.....as soon as the crowd said take it out or Bruce, I will take one of them out :dance: but isn't as bad as a sig w/ all their mods proudly done with their car? w/c "I Love to read all the time"

If there's one thing to blame...blame NickCats for showing me how to put sig....ahahahahaha! j/k, Nick :D :D

boggtown 11-10-2006 07:15 AM

I second the motion to limt them, if you want three, just make them skinnier so it all fits on one line at least 2 inches high. I just hope we dont get retaliation and someone makes a 10 picture sig now, lol.

unklekraker 11-10-2006 07:16 AM

like what i said " "point well taken and respected.....as soon as the crowd said take it out or Bruce, I will take one of them out :cheers:

Happy Friday :dance: :dance:

Quote:

Personally, before I do something, I ask myself how things would turn out if everyone did the same. If I like the outcome, and I believe that others may not object, then I do it. You either prefer that everyone fits many large photos in their sigs, or you don't. If you do, then we should really discuss how clarity and brevity would suffer if everyone had photo albums in their sigs. If you don't, it's a bit selfish to be allowing yourself something that you'd prefer others didn't do.

Z.

djomlas 11-10-2006 07:47 AM

yea man, i think ur signature is way too big. biggest one ive seen on any forum tht im on. i think something about the size of my signature is tolerable

unklekraker 11-10-2006 07:57 AM

fine, i gave in :troll: arrghhhhh!
ahahahaha! :cheers:

*PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGY FOR GIVING YOU MORE TIME TO SCROLL..HEHEHEHE, J/K! REALLY, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE AND THANKS z FOR BRINGING IT UP AND THE WAY YOU HANDLE IT..IT COULD BE WORSE, RIGHT?

thats 3/1 :D

So can i say Happy Friday now? :D

djomlas 11-10-2006 08:12 AM

u can use something like this, u dont loose the effect of your car being on the beach, but just no useless alphalt

just saw that u took one pic out, much better, u can problably put all 3 in there, just have to resize them a little

unklekraker 11-10-2006 08:16 AM

DUDE, THAT LOOKS GOOD! I'M LIKE DAY AND NIGHT WHEN IT COMES TO IT, CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOR, I'LL SEND YOU THE LINK TO THE 3 PIX AND CAN YOU PUT THEM 3 TOGETHER? :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
u can use something like this, u dont loose the effect of your car being on the beach, but just no useless alphalt

just saw that u took one pic out, much better, u can problably put all 3 in there, just have to resize them a little

SD987 11-10-2006 08:21 AM

This would be an example of signatory perfection...

unklekraker 11-10-2006 08:46 AM

How's the new sig? coo?

thanks DJ for resizing it although I want to see my other toy next to it :o

djomlas 11-10-2006 08:50 AM

well send me a few pics that ud like ot use, and ill make something out of them for you.
i did QUITE a few signatures for a few people and myself

just PM me the pics

unklekraker 11-10-2006 11:36 AM

New Sig!

HERE'S MY NEW SIG! COURSTESY BY OTHER THAN djomlas! DEDICATED TO z12358 :D :D :D
THANKS dj...THAT LOOKS PRETTY TIGHT! GREATLY APPRECIATED :cheers:

*PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE APOLOGY FOR GIVING YOU MORE TIME TO SCROLL..HEHEHEHE, J/K! REALLY, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE AND THANKS z FOR BRINGING IT UP AND THE WAY YOU HANDLE IT..IT COULD BE WORSE, RIGHT?

boggtown 11-10-2006 12:02 PM

LOUD NOISES! lol, sorry, had to. Your caps lock was on BTW.

unklekraker 11-10-2006 12:09 PM

dengit...forgot about the caps lock again.... :eek: :eek:

whew...it must not be my day at the forum! first the sig now i'm too loud..ahahahahaha! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggtown
LOUD NOISES! lol, sorry, had to. Your caps lock was on BTW.

KronixSpeed 11-10-2006 12:26 PM

i thought id update my signature, this is a test to see if its too big or too small.

unklekraker 11-10-2006 12:29 PM

is this becoming like..ahhhhh, get the sig approve first before posting it? :rolleyes:
Kronix....ur sig is too small, can't really see it..IMHO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
i thought id update my signature, this is a test to see if its too big or too small.

KronixSpeed 11-10-2006 12:32 PM

lol i think ill biggie size that!