986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   took a nice nite time pic (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/8123-took-nice-nite-time-pic.html)

djomlas 11-08-2006 07:51 PM

took a nice nite time pic

completely unedited, just resized
finally a pic of my car w the top down :)
http://i13.tinypic.com/2dineo2.jpg

blkboxster 11-09-2006 11:04 AM

looks really nice,in the dark your boxster looks like its another color :)

Dr. Kill 11-09-2006 11:05 AM

nice rims too

CJ_Boxster 11-09-2006 11:55 AM

damn thats a really nice picture... Hey have you experienced valeting your car yet? If so, you'll notice they always park the porsche upfront with all the nice cars so it looks like a car show! when ever i goto the movies this happens, I like the look on the peoples faces when they see a young 24 year old like myself getting into this fine peice of machinery.

blinkwatt 11-09-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
damn thats a really nice picture... Hey have you experienced valeting your car yet? If so, you'll notice they always park the porsche upfront with all the nice cars so it looks like a car show! when ever i goto the movies this happens, I like the look on the peoples faces when they see a young 24 year old like myself getting into this fine peice of machinery.

Haha.. you see the look on their faces when your 19 looking like your still 17! ;)

Porschekid 11-09-2006 12:08 PM

You have alot of great shots of your car... what type of camera are you using? Definately tripod shots.

TriGem2k 11-09-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

I like the look on the peoples faces when they see a young 24 year old like myself getting into this fine peice of machinery.

Dude i used to take my car to Highschool when i was 16, the best part was after school seeing my teachers while getting in my car. Specially the teachers of the classes i would sleep in. It was Classic :cheers:

Dr. Kill 11-09-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Dude i used to take my car to Highschool when i was 16, the best part was after school seeing my teachers while getting in my car. Specially the teachers of the classes i would sleep in. It was Classic :cheers:

Yeah, I know what you mean. My '82 Corolla station wagon drew a lot of attention too.

CJ_Boxster 11-09-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
Yeah, I know what you mean. My '82 Corolla station wagon drew a lot of attention too.

LOL, in high school i had a 1982 Chevro-Legs. Feuled by McDonalds and Tacos Mexico.

Dr. Kill 11-09-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

LOL, in high school i had a 1982 Chevro-Legs. Feuled by McDonalds and Tacos Mexico.

yep, that sounds about right :)

djomlas 11-09-2006 02:11 PM

valet parking? OMG...i used to do that for a little while, valet park cars.

i will jsut say this: I WOULD NOT EVEN VALET PARK MY FRIENDS FORD TEMPO WITH 240K MILES.

the 1/4 rule(where people will take 2 quarters from every car...not a lot of money, but when u do about 50 or more cars a nite it accumulates), dings, beating up on cars, gunning them, things missing.

i used to do it in all the high end restaurants in chicago and a few well known clubs (not mentioning any names).

and as for camera, its a cannon powershot s50, and of course a tripod :)

chiefsalami 11-09-2006 03:14 PM

My first brand new car several years ago was a Hyundai Tiburon GT, and I took extreme care of that thing. I didn't have my first new car until I was in grad school. Well my then-fiancee came up to visit me with her mom, and stayed at a hotel. I stayed the night there too, and they ONLY had valet parking - they didn't let you self-park. Hesitantly, I left my car with them. In the morning, they pulled my car up and I found it with 240 more miles on the clock than when I dropped it off, and they had put some gas in it after they burned it all off!!!!! I had written down the mileage before leaving it the night before.

That was the last time I have ever valet parked a car, no matter where I am. Tales of valet parking....

CJ_Boxster 11-09-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
valet parking? OMG...i used to do that for a little while, valet park cars.
the 1/4 rule(where people will take 2 quarters from every car...not a lot of money, but when u do about 50 or more cars a nite it accumulates), dings, beating up on cars, gunning them, things missing.

i used to do it in all the high end restaurants in chicago and a few well known clubs (not mentioning any names).

Hey, come to think of it, my powershot camera is missing, you didnt take i did you :D

bmussatti 11-09-2006 04:15 PM

djomlas, great picture! I will use my tripod next time. Good advice.