Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #1

Motion / Alarm Dash Thingy

Hey
Does anyone know if this plastic thingy thats for alarm / motion come off?? Just that mine seems to have lifted on one side and is loose. I push it down on the side that it has lifted but it still remains as it is, doesnt seem to clip back in if thats what it does.

Any idea's??

Pic attached of what I am talking about

Thanks

CHASP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #2

Hi,

The catch is on the rear center. Insert something like a piece of vinyl under it from the rear, or a thin screwdriver, resting on a piece of Plastic/Wood/Sheet metal on the dash to prevent marring it. Then push forward and up, this will unlatch the piece. At least then, you can inspect the underside to be sure there's nothing obstructing the one side. It will just snap back into place. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #3

Has anyone done this? I dont want to break it
CHASP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:45 AM   #4

Sounds like its already broken or needing adjustment. You'll do fine, friend! Just pry it off and have a good look at it.

BTW, it's just a lamp that flashes when your alarm is on... the sensor is located in front of the rear view mirror up high. So, you won't be doing any sensor related damage to the car by removing it and having a look at it.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote