986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   I Sold My Boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/79021-i-sold-my-boxster.html)

Racer Boy 11-08-2020 07:56 PM

I Sold My Boxster

Today I sold my '02 base Boxster. It's been a great car, but I've been looking for something nicer for a bit, and this weekend I flew to San Diego and drove back to Seattle in my new purchase, a 2010 Cayman S.

The 987.2 Cayman S is a pretty rare car, searching nationwide using all the usual websites and SearchTempest would turn less than 10 cars for sale! In 2010 they only sold about 600 in the US, so they are hard to find. Most of the cars for sale were black, which I didn't want. On a whim, I looked on Bring A Trailer, and there was what turned out to be my car! Obviously, I won the auction. It's a one-owner car with 22K miles on it. PDK, Sports Chrono, comfort seats, and the PCM and Bose. After driving it the 17 1/2 hours (1300 miles) home, I feel pretty familiar with it now.

I'd set up the Boxster for semi-serious track use, so I've pulled some of the parts off of it and will be putting them up for sale soon.

I'll miss the Boxster, it's been a fun car, but I think I'll be pretty happy with the Cayman, too. 100 more horsepower never hurts! The interior is much nicer, and it's just a more refined and civilized ride. Also, the 9A1 engine is pretty bullet proof, without any of the flaws of the M96 motors.

These are the Cayman pictures from the BAT website.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1604897414.jpg

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1604897446.jpg

beater986 11-08-2020 08:49 PM

Congrats! Nice scoop!

the 9X7.2 is probably my favorite generation of Porsche and I've been eyeballing them myself. Do you mind if I ask what you picked it up for? :)

husker boxster 11-09-2020 04:17 AM

Great purchase!
You'll love your CS. The 987.2 is a great platform. Just be sure to change the trans fluid frequently (sooner than factory spec) if you do track days. The few warts look like they could be tackled with some DR Colorchip.

Congrats on the Box sale. Didn't take long to sell.

JayG 11-09-2020 05:39 AM

If your new Cayman is Arctic Silver, I have a free Dr ColorChip touchup kit, barely used
Just pay the postage.
I am in San Diego as well, you could have picked it up

Congrats on the car

Racer Boy 11-09-2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beater986 (Post 626495)
Congrats! Nice scoop!

the 9X7.2 is probably my favorite generation of Porsche and I've been eyeballing them myself. Do you mind if I ask what you picked it up for? :)

The normal asking price for these cars is $40K, I paid $37K plus the BAT buyers fee (5%), so it was a fair price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster (Post 626504)
Great purchase!
You'll love your CS. The 987.2 is a great platform. Just be sure to change the trans fluid frequently (sooner than factory spec) if you do track days. The few warts look like they could be tackled with some DR Colorchip.

Congrats on the Box sale. Didn't take long to sell.

The Boxster sold in a few hours! I posted in the local PCA Facebook page about getting the Cayman, and mentioned that I'd be putting up my Boxster for sale for a good price. I got six immediate inquiries about it (including one from Knoxville, TN), and sold it to a really cool guy who has a warehouse full of Porsches (including a '72 911 RS). He bought it for his son, so it's going to a really good home.

I was afraid that it would take all winter to sell it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG (Post 626507)
If your new Cayman is Arctic Silver, I have a free Dr ColorChip touchup kit, barely used
Just pay the postage.
I am in San Diego as well, you could have picked it up

Congrats on the car

It is Arctic Silver, thanks for the offer! I'll PM you and get the information.

rexcramer 11-09-2020 07:06 AM

Well done sir. Safe travels.

tonythetiger 11-09-2020 07:30 AM

I just moved on to an SL

I jumped into an 2011 SL550, on the highway I am more secure and feel safer.
I found the interest in my 986S cars too tempting to ignore. They are sold.
:+(

Ill be back, hopefully with a Beck 550 replica or a nice 914 if some of these cheap camaros dont distract me.
your new car is beautiful, BTW

dghii 11-09-2020 05:36 PM

That looks like a very nice car! I've always been a ragtop guy but the Cayman would be my exception for sure. I absolutely love the lines of the car.

Enjoy!

1PorscheBoxster986 11-10-2020 08:31 AM

Congratulations on the new ride. It looks like a few have crossover to the Cayman. There will be more who follows. :cheers:

TeamOxford 11-10-2020 11:23 AM

Congrats on the purchase; you won’t regret it.

Looking forward to seeing you on the Cayman thread.

Just sayin’......

TO

PaulE 11-10-2020 03:25 PM

Well done, congratulations!

Rob175 11-19-2020 06:19 AM

Beautiful car....congrats! But for me I prefer a summer "topless" driver.....but I'm someone who lives in an area (Chicago) where the winters are challenging. I always look forward to going topless when Spring and Summer finally arrive.

maytag 11-19-2020 06:25 AM

Well Done! Nice Ride!!