Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
boggtown

Ignition Switch Wires: HELP

I need to know what the color of the wires are that go to the starter sylenoid. I have been under there and there are some yellows (Y and Y/B), some reds (3), a black, and an orange. I would greatly appreciate the answer, I have been looking for wiring diagrams all day and callin all kinds of dealerships with no returned calls and a "promise" to email the diagram to me, with no such email recieved yet...

Thanks

Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
boggtown

Bump, sorry, need help badly
Old 10-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Travis
I looked all through my Bentley and could not find anything, but thought I would reply to bump your message back up
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
boggtown

Thanks for looking. It is like every wire in the car is documented but those. I looked through this entire website but no luck. http://www.porscheteam.nl/werkplaats/index.html

That site is amazing, I bookmarked it because it took me like an hour just to find a working site for the PDF (some other site had the diagrams but it was down).
Old 10-23-2006, 10:12 PM   #5

Hi,

It would really help if you gave the model year - the schematics are all different according to MY. This might get you the help you need quicker...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:21 AM   #6
boggtown

its a 99. Hope that helps.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:20 AM   #7
boggtown

Oh ma god... Ive called another 10 dealerships today from florida to cali and still no luck. I tried the top ten porsche dealership list but that was a waste, all they cared about was charging me administrative fees and making money by not bothering their techs, and the smaller dealerships just said that they wouldnt do it. The guy from neilo Porsche was the one that said hed email me it... but still havent gotten it, at least hes the only one that didnt blow me off. Im thinking my only option is to go down to aristocrat and ask in person, or pay whatever fee just to get the color of 2 dang wires. Its only like 5 or 10 miles away, but I dont want to go down there just so he can tell me he wont do it. My advice, dont F up your ignition, its some sort of taboo subject for Porsches.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
boggtown

Well, its done. I stopped with dealerships and started calling porsche mechanics. I got to the Euro Doc and he helped me. So thank god for them. Overall, I would not wish this plague of a start button on anyone. So all in all I had to take out my whole center console with the trays and stuff, take out the dash stuff with the climate controll and cd player, contort like a long armed midget, use a cell phone as a flashlight, use the cell phone to call a total of 30 places, spend hours on the internet looking for diagrams, drained my battery by leaving the overhead light on too long, and probably didnt put the air vent back on right when I was done. I hope all of you will appreciate the importance of this information right here: 30 on red and white and 87 on yellow. So I would not recommend this to you, but if you want to put one in, thats what you need to know. I didnt think id ever be happy to hear my battery be dead, but when the button worked, its worth it to have to get it jumped now. And im smart, so the first thing this morning when it wouldnt start I opened the hood so if it died all the way I could get to the battery. Good luck, hope this helps someone.