Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #1

Found in oil filter

Pressure Cooker Review

If you are a busy guy but in charge of cooking food for a whole family, you may know the stress of having to prepare meals every day. In order to allow you to do the cooking in a fraction of time as compared to conventional cooking methods, manufacturers have created a wonderful kitchen device that is a pressure cooker. To help you choose a good pressure cooker that not only meets your expectations but is also affordable, I’m here to offer you a few tips for purchasing the perfect one.

What is the best pressure cooker?

First thing first, you may wonder what factors you should look at with a view to choosing the best pressure cooker in the market. Here is a list of the top 5 criteria that need considering.

Brand

We all know that a small number of brands are associated with good quality products and Fisler, Instant Pot and Tiger are among some of the best rated pressure cookers. These all offer a wide range of model options to choose depending on your budget and expectations.

A safety system

This is the key factor that prevents pressure from building up inside the cooking pot in case the lid is not in the right position. Additionally, the safety features also prevent the lid from being lifted if the cooking is in progress.

A lid with a quick-release valve

Once your pressure cooker completes its job, a quick-release valve can quickly let out vapor from the pot. This reduces the cook time while still ensuring food quality.

Steamer baskets

A pressure cook is well-known as a multifunctional device that can cook different dishes at a time. So, a steamer basket with dividers is the thing you need to cook additional foods at once, cutting cooking time by half.

A pressure indicator

This tells you whether food is still pressurized or not. There are some models that have pressure gauges, so you can know exactly when your food is ready to be served with the fullest amount of retained vitamins and minerals.

◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆

✛✛✛ Check This Out: Best pressure cooker

◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆– – –◆

Best rated pressure cookers

Here are some models of pressure cookers that are highly recommended due to their high-quality and good price.

Instant Pot Duo

Continuously listed as the best-selling product on Amazon for the last couple of years, Instant Pot Duo is considered a ‘life-changing’ appliance. It is built with the latest third generation technology - the microprocessor which monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve desired results every time. More importantly, it can cook up to 70% faster while consistently keeping the taste of food delicious.

Farberware Programmable Digital Pressure Cooker

This pressure cooker is 6-quart capacity, so it is easier for you to prepare meals for a whole family. The safety features of this product are so remarkable with a safety release valve and a large locking lid. The cooking pot is easy to clean, even in a dishwasher. With Farberware Pressure Cooker, you can make a wide variety of dishes from slow cook to making stew.

Fast Slow Pro Multi-Function Cooker

This features a color-changing LCD, which tells you when the cooker is pressurizing, cooking, or releasing steam. Besides, you can trust the safety system of this kitchen appliance as it has 3 ways including a safety locking lid, automatic hands-free steam release and safety. Like the above-mentioned models from other brands, this pressure cooker has 11 settings allowing you to cook different food in a fraction of time.

Final words

I hope after reading this detailed review of top rated pressure cookers, you can choose the perfect one for your home.

Last edited by StevenShelby; 04-02-2024 at 08:45 PM.
StevenShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 10:05 PM   #2

Garage
Your guesses seem to be correct, a couple of pics would certainly help though.
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
Damn Yankee

Garage
If you still have the old oil, send a sample to a lab for a used oil analysis (UOL). The lab will issue a report listing all the metals in the sample, and if they are out of line or not.

I use Blackstone Labs. Contact them and they will send you some free pre-addressed and postage-paid containers.

And post some pics.

Just sayin'.........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:38 AM   #4

Garage
I asked the same questions when I did my first filter change and got a few answers...
https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/1099419-oil-filter-cut-open-what-should-it-look-like.html
which links to...
Oil filter analysis - what should it look like?
I have since done a second filter change and there was a bit less debris when I cut the second filter open. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote