Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2020, 07:20 AM   #21

B & B exhaust without headers, sounded fine except the drone drove me nuts. Video the prior owner took after exhaust install:

Last edited by coreseller; 09-03-2020 at 02:09 AM.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:40 AM   #22

I like my BLF exhaust. To me it was the least rice-sounding one out there for a good price. Adds a nice deep drone to the inside noise, but not too loud. The pipes are pretty good size with minimal bends, so it definitely helps the engine exhale better.

minotaurfightstore | minotaurfightstore

Last edited by elisecoen; 03-03-2022 at 03:56 AM.
elisecoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:54 AM   #23

Garage
After much experimentation I have settled on the Danks oe type stainless with minimal interior packing, Fabspeed Primary Sport cats & ceramic coated midpipes.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #24

Garage
FVD Brombacher “Sound Version” muffler with secondary cat delete pipes. Zero drone and pure flat 6 sound om acceleration, and almost as quiet as stock when cruising. Highly recommended!
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #25

Dansk muffler here. Rest of the exhaust system is stock. Slightly more aggressive sound and no drone. Overall happy with the sound and definitely with the quality and workmanship of the product
hockenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:29 AM   #26
Will there be cake?

Garage
Fabspeed supercup. These leave the primary cats and replace the midpipes and muffler. IMHO, they are WAY too loud and drone when the car is under throttle. Folks outside the car say they sound great, but I dont enjoy driving the car anymore. my fault, but I dont like them.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #27

Garage
Price just dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986 View Post
FVD Brombacher “Sound Version” muffler with secondary cat delete pipes. Zero drone and pure flat 6 sound om acceleration, and almost as quiet as stock when cruising. Highly recommended!
I just noticed the price dropped as well. They seemed too dear to me at $2K but worth considering now they are 50% off. Maybe. I still like their headers and am considering the 100 cell cats and then working with local muffler shop and trying to fit some Borla or Magnaflow mufflers and doing some type of x-pipe to minimize drone. But might just be easier to get these and the headers etc.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #28

I am bias..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
They seemed too dear to me at $2K but worth considering now they are 50% off.
Black Night, many moons ago (12-13yrs) ago the Cayman site (now Planet 9) had a group buy of the SpeedArt exhaust (same manufacturer that makes the FVD Brombacher), I joined the group for the Sport version (loud), and I was very happy with my choice as the sound is awesome and the exhaust is top quality with literally 'zero drone' this was important as my 987CS was my daily driver, therefore I am bias on this exhaust and if the price is right you may want to jump on it..
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #29

which price dropped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
I just noticed the price dropped as well. They seemed too dear to me at $2K but worth considering now they are 50% off. Maybe. I still like their headers and am considering the 100 cell cats and then working with local muffler shop and trying to fit some Borla or Magnaflow mufflers and doing some type of x-pipe to minimize drone. But might just be easier to get these and the headers etc.
price of what dropped? FVD "sound version" muffler is the same price it's always been, $1,299, plus shipping
luckyed7711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #30
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
Fabspeed supercup. These leave the primary cats and replace the midpipes and muffler. IMHO, they are WAY too loud and drone when the car is under throttle. Folks outside the car say they sound great, but I dont enjoy driving the car anymore. my fault, but I dont like them.

Headed in another direction, any interest out there for this exhaust? I’ll post up next week in parts, but you guys get first crack. Don’t even have 100 miles through them. 1500 plus tax and shipping new. Entertaining offers but be realistic please. I’ll bet there is some local interest with the racers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:15 AM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986 View Post
Hey, what kind of headers are you using? Catted headers or no cats?

I consider running: Catless headers -> catless midpipe -> FVD Sound Version. I hope it won´t be too loud.

Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote