Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #1

Parts Sourcing

Good day all.

I have yet to take possession of a 98 Boxster with 65K miles, but it should be a done deal within the next 72 hours. Yay!!! It’ll be the first Porsche in our fleet.

I had a question about parts, is it a reasonable expectation to be able to get parts through our local VW dealer? The closest Porsche dealer is almost an hour away, so I’m just wondering if its an option, since they are closer.

I’m mainly looking to the Porsche folks for a second key, and I’m fully aware of the three day trip the key blank has to make from Atlanta, and the other associated costs of getting a new key, the wife wasn’t though...

I have a shopping cart full of stuff from Pelican Parts, so i think they will be my primary source for a bit.

Thanks in advance for any info, time to go over to the Intro Board and say HI!!!
jazzman_q is offline   Reply With Quote